Gamescom - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got home!

Uli, massive apologise for not being able to meet you. I ended up working non-stop (tho did manage to escape for 5mins to get my picture taken with Mario!!!) - sorry about that buddy.

Yes, I agree about Evil Within, that was my personal highlight too.

Will write up some more detailed impressions either tonight or tomorrow. Was definitely a lot of fun ;-)
    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Nice, thanks for The Evil Within impression dude, so the game mechanics remind you of the original Resi with a touch of RE4 and SH influence thrown in, very nice. Visually, would you say that The Evil Within is next gen?

Also, no Dark Souls 2 dude? So excited about it! Cheers man!

Comment

unfortunately, apart from Titanfall and maybe The Witcher 3, nothing on show was close to being visually "next gen". but The Evil Within is definitely looking like an excellent current gen-achievement, looking nearly as good, if not even better as The Last of Us. if you can't wait for next gen visuals and physics you have to buy a gaming PC together with Crysis 3.

Comment

Good to hear AC4, Titanfall and Lords of Shadow 2 are coming along nicely. The latter looks fantastic from the most recent trailer.

Tbh, together with The Evil Within it sounds like all the games I'm interested in are coming on swell as opposed to the dedicated PS4/Xbox One releases which were MIA at Gamescom from your brief reports?

N.B Wish Ubisoft would stop yammering on about Watch Dogs. We know its cool, will be good and out in November. Show us your next quality upcoming title please.Also I think RYSE will be the Xbox One's strange uncle of release titles. Don't think Crytek realise that gamers like to play their games over watching the action unfold.
          Last edited by Paddy; 25-08-2013, 01:33.

Comment

well, yes, it looks like next gen is still some way down the road in terms of console games. EA and Activision didn't even dare to show the current gen versions CoD Ghosts and BF4... and it's not hard to guess the reason. i am really looking forward to the first detailed tech analyses of current vs. next gen versions of games.

Comment

Could that reason be because

they look nigh-on identical, barring some nicer texture work on the PS4/Xbox One versions?

Comment

most likely. and i don't think we need to make a secret out of this. it's more or less obvious given how good the latest BF and CoD games already look on current gen.

Comment

Working...
                X