No announcement yet.

Liverpool FC 2013/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly, the next half dozen games are against what should be easier teams, bet we end up dropping more points against them then the top six contenders. Fingers crossed we'll still be in the top three come Xmas, must admit I do feel more optimistic this season.

Comment

Sakho and Ilori have signed for a combined 25 mil. Some seriously positive stuff happening atm!

Comment

Do reckon we bag anyone else?

Rumours... Mata (dream on ), Shay Given, Andriy Yarmolenko, Alonso, Biscan...?

Comment

Underwhelming if not solid transfer activity. Would have liked to have seen a decent DM brought in and a marque attacking player like Erikkson who went to Tottenham, but whatever. Our squad is stronger than last years so we have improved, just got to keep our fingers crossed that Lucas, and nobody in attack gets injured.

Comment

Underwhelming? Thats a strange attitude. Far too many fans demand stupid money is spent year on year, that is a completely unsustainable model and clubs need to be run sustainably. Which is exactly what the club is doing. Defensive midfield is a position the club should be ok with, as people have said Toure can do a job in there if required. As could Gerrard, who has become a lot more disciplined in his later years.

I am very happy signing a young French international central defender, in Sahko, to play alongside Agger. Aspas looks decent, much better in quality than the earlier signings Rodgers made. Moses is a decent signing too, somebody who can give extra options in attack when the first choice players are finding it hard to break down the opposition, or even play on the break with his pace.

Big Marquee signings of the ilk a lot of fans are pushing for are all well and good but if there are large areas of the squad that need attention, as Liverpool's did this summer, then it makes perfect sense to spend how they did.

Comment

Well considering the new TV money, as well as the money we have made through transfers, and the fact that Rodgers and co were constantly saying they were working on bringing in a big name I think it is expected. We are an injury away from a midfield crisis (who comes in if Gerrard gets injured which is likely? ) and the person you are suggesting to replace Lucas (who is also prone to niggles) is also injured. Still, like I said an improvement but I think we should expect a couple more in January if the club are serious about a top 4 challenge this year.

Personally, I would have thrown the kitchen sink to get Benteke at the end of last season.

Comment

I'm pleased with our business. Would of liked to see a bit of depth added to midfield. Maybe a cheeky bid for Diame from West Ham.

But yeah, good squad strengthening signings. Especially in defence. Oh and Suarez still to return. All good.

Comment

Top of the league.

No complaints.

Apart from we should have signed a 1st class left winger who would be automatic 1st choice and we needed a backup to Lucas. Allen can't do that role, I suppose next in line might be Toure.

Comment

A point, could have been worse, Shelvey playing some sort of part in all four goals is quite an achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidH View Post
                      A point, could have been worse, Shelvey playing some sort of part in all four goals is quite an achievement.
                      It really could of been more. I think we got let off in the end. Did it look like Swansea came out to end Coutinho's night or am I thinking too much into it?

Comment

What happened today???

Comment

No Coutinho, that's what. Nevermind, Suarez's ban is over so things should improve....

Comment

Knew that International break would screw us over, one draw and two losses since. Need to stop the decline at Sunderland on Sunday.

Comment

Liverpool FC 2013/14

Or was it the lack of Coutinho?

Last night it was a pretty decent performance. Although I reckon we could of taken them if we had a bit more creativity from the Coutinho position. Hernandez was the difference, of course. Always seems to net when he gets a look in. Apart from him, I though Man U looked poor in comparison to Fergie times.

Comment

Can Liverpool beat Arsenal this weekend?

Comment

Working...
                                X