Edge Issue 258 October 2013 Review Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edge Issue 258 October 2013 Review Scores

I got the Call of Duty 4 cover sent. Inside this months issue is a nice feature on the ten best consoles over the last 20 years.

Reviews -

Saints Row IV - 8
    Splinter Cell: Blacklist - 6
    The Wonderful 101 - 6
    Rayman Legends - 9
    The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - 6
    Killer Is Dead - 6
    Papers, Please - 9
    Divekick - 6
    One Finger Death Punch - 8
    Pivvot - 8

Bit low on Blacklist, I've enjoyed this one more than most in the series

Comment

Gaming journalist...is there any good ones? As i find myself disagreeing with them more than ever. I just don't value their opinions anymore. It's got to the point i don't read reviews now.

I would rather purchase games from what i've seen then i'll take a chance on it and judge for myself or if a friend recommends a title to me.

Some great games would've been missed if i only judged a game on gaming reviews. Yet so many put a huge importance on them.

Comment

The Mario 64 cover is fantastic - http://www.edge-online.com/news/edge...one-1993-1997/

Comment

I got the Ridge Racer cover luckliy when i picked it up. Really wanted Shenmue though .Lots of stuff to read in this issue inc 10's that were not given and the 10 best consoles. Plus some nice Reviews on top. Dive Kick scored a lot lower than i'd anticipated. Seems Wonderful 101 stoll has control issues sadly. Really liked the Heart Of Gaming article last month Need to visit HOG as soon as poss.

Comment

Trawled Bath and Bristol for covers. There's a Minecraft in WH Smiths in Clifton Down, went with Resi 4 pixelated weapon cover which I found in Broadmead. Wanted that Mario 64, although some of the others are quality, like the Half Life 2 come Streets of Rage one.

Throughout the magazine there are Edge quiz questions. I patted myself on the back for identifying the two posthumous 10s given in the Edge Retro issue a few years back.

Comment

Discovered a mate of mine did the Doom cover, lovely
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Don't call me lovely. :P

Comment

Some of the covers are gorgeous. Love the Doom one (that you, Monomaniacpat?), the Fez one and especially the Minecraft one which is a great idea and beautifully executed. A few are really dodgy though. Won't say in case anyone knows who did them!

Definite kudos to the artists behind the Minecraft one.

Comment

No, that was a sub-editor's joke.

Comment

The Doom cover was done by my mate who used to work for Sega, and now works for Bethesda.
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by JU! View Post
                        Seems Wonderful 101 stoll has control issues sadly.
                        It doesn't, they are completely wrong. Ask anyone who's played the full game longer than 30 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                        X