Gaming news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gaming news

Apart from this very fine place (thanks crazytaxinext and others! ) where do people get their gaming news/updates from?

There seems to be a lack of any decent mags and tv programmes. What about other sites people use? (please don't mention ign- dire!)

Nowhere. Anything worthwhile makes its way here I find! Actually I also visit Rock Paper Shotgun because Bordersdown gates PC gaming.

Comment

I really only use Eurogamer and CVG as my primary source. For a general look across the whole web i use the following

Get all the breaking Gaming news. Headlines linking to the best sites from around the web. Updates 24/7/365. The #1 Gaming news resource.

This gives a full round up of news from around the web.

Comment

Gates PC gaming?

I just see stuff on here and the various channels I sub to on YouTube and it seems to do the trick really.

Comment

EG, RPS and GAF. I come here for informed discussion about that news, though.

Comment

Magazines are rendered pointless by the fact that their news is weeks or months old by the time you're reading it.

I normally take a look at Eurogamer or Polygon. There is no gaming news site that I am particular fan of though, they're all pretty naff. For Japan-specific titles I like Siliconera.

Comment

I quite like N4G.com (News For Gamers).

It's not really the place for breaking news, but it links to lots of other sites and their articles about games.
              You don't just get one site's opinions on something and links to articles you may not have stumbled across otherwise.

Some of the articles can tend to be "Why the PS3 is more powerful than the XBox 360" and "How the XBox won the console battle", but if you look beyond that, you can find some interesting reads.

I've liked gamesradar.com/uk ever since their awesome Lost Planet 2 review, because they got it.

It's taken me a while to write this reply because I got distracted reading some of the links on the above sites!

Comment

Eurogamer for all formats and www.nintendolife.com and www.nintendoeverything.com for Nintendo stuff.

Comment

Twitter.

Comment

I stand in W.H. Smith and read all the magazines without buying any.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      I stand in W.H. Smith and read all the magazines without buying any.

Lol it's getting harder and harder to do this because most are all sealed now

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp
                        I quite like N4G.com (News For Gamers).

It's not really the place for breaking news, but it links to lots of other sites and their articles about games.
                        You don't just get one site's opinions on something and links to articles you may not have stumbled across otherwise.

Ugh, I hate this place. They have killer SEO so they rank high for practically everything you type in, but then link to some ****ty article on PocketLint or something. IGN irritate for the same reason, rank highly for practically every game regardless of content. "Find out everything about Shikigami no Shiro 2: Reviews, screenshots, videos and more". Click on page. Nothing there except a title.

Google need to sort that **** out because their system is getting gamed ().

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                          Lol it's getting harder and harder to do this because most are all sealed now
                          Usually the stationary section (complete with scissors) is only a few feet away though. Problem solved!

Comment

I've never searched the site, Wakka, I just pop on every-so-often, skim through the list of articles and read the ones that sound interesting.

I agree it's annoying when Google gives suggestions that you can tell don't really have what you're after because of the wording.

"Go to eBay for all your crab driving a monster truck needs!"

Comment

TBF it's just the amount it shows up on google for ANY game I search for. That and IGN. It's a case of SEO overtaking relevance.

Comment

Working...
                              X