User Tag List

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
    I've started watching this show called Lillyhammer on netflix - it's brilliant
    I'm actually going to Lillehammer in nov, let you know if I find and US mobsters hiding :/. Fantastic show too, was the first Netflix original.

The "my list" thing is bizarre. It works on the PC, but on the Xbox, I can only add (or remove) things to it that are on my recently played list... wtf. And there's no "my list" area. wtfX2

I mean, this stuff should be so easy. Seriously wtf.

Anyway, I've just finished going through Better Off Ted on the US Netflix and it's 100% essential viewing to anyone that has ever laughed even once.

In fact more ranting... If they fixed this stuff, I'd actually be able to recommend it to people as a fun way to watch TV and film. As it stands, it's just a cheap way.

Quote Originally Posted by ikobo View Post
    Do NOT watch expendables 2.
    Say what? It's so much better than the first one!

Charles mentioned Better Off Ted in another thread. Very good watch IMO.
    I've been working through Bones recently and am up to season 7, also well written for such a long running programme.
    Netflix original Hemlock Grove was okay. My name is Earl is fun at times.
    Movie-wise the last thing I watched was The Man From Nowhere. Some proper decent fights scenes in that.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesr View Post
    The "my list" thing is bizarre. It works on the PC, but on the Xbox, I can only add (or remove) things to it that are on my recently played list... wtf. And there's no "my list" area. wtfX2

It's because it is meant to be available to US created Netflix accounts.

If I was running Netflix on my PS3, would I need to get into port forwarding stuff or should it be okay by default?

What do you mean by port forwarding? Netflix will function fine without it.

If you mean doing network shannigans to access other regions, then it depends on what you want to watch. Netflix UK has a good selection, but you do get a few more bits and pieces when you look at the US version.

No I just vaguely remember years ago my 360 having connection issues and people recommending me to open or forward ports on my router and I followed it and it was messy but then all was good. I never did that with my PS3 and don't really use it for online gaming so have no idea how it is except that games can take a long time to download. Given that Netflix streams, I was wondering if I should expect connection issues or if this port forwarding thing isn't really relevant.

The PS3 version uses the web browser, so uses standard ports. You should be fine.