Netflix Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randombs View Post
    Just watched the Tracy Morgan episode. It was hilarious!
    Jerry's reaction to his Kramer question right at the end (during the added out takes) was well funny

Comment

I was watching it on my phone in the work canteen and slapped the table at that bit. A few people jumped but it was worth it

I loved the Michael Jackson cloning bit, how it'd be a hassle because they'd have to clone Bubbles as well

Comment

I need to watch the Seinfeld thing, but it seems like a lot of nothing, when there's some great stories to be told elsewhere on Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I need to watch the Seinfeld thing, but it seems like a lot of nothing, when there's some great stories to be told elsewhere on Netflix.
          I kind of get that, but it scratches a different itch. It's a bit like not reading a magazine because of all the great novels available

Comment

Good Girls.

It's great.. can't explain much without spoiling it but check it out.

It has Christina Hendricks in it.

Comment

Second season of Glow was great. We've burned through most of the two seasons of master of none in the last couple of days, the cast are pretty chucklesome.

Comment

The Good Place is freakin' brilliant!

Comment

Half way through season 2 of GLOW at the moment, still enjoying it which is good.
                  If anyone enjoyed Glow I would recommend the documentary that’s also on Netflix. It’s interesting to hear their stories about how the show came together, also just to warn anyone if you do watch it there’s a very graphic arm break in middle of it, I wasn’t ready for it and almost brought my dinner up.
                  I haven’t heard a bad word about the good place yet so I will have to put that on my list.

Comment

I really enjoyed Glow S2 too. Netflix and Amazon Prime have almost enough quality content to have me considering binning Sky ... if it weren't for Sports F1 and Atlantic

Comment

I have NowTV and use Ace Stream for the F1 (motorsportsstreams on Reddit for links). Naughty but I would literally be paying JUST for the F1. I don't watch any football which is what everyone is basically paying for.

Comment

You get Atlantic, live and catch-up, on NowTV for about £7 per month. Sports is £30 odd per month though, although you can switch it on and off whenever you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Nice to be able to watch Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee on something other than my iPad. Always a funny, feel good watch ... not even the newly shoehorned Lavazza product placement can spoil the fun.
                          Just watched the first episode.
                          Carrey, Countach and Coffee; three of my favourite things.
                          It's a lot shorter than I expected, so I may try to watch one after something longer and there's no time for a full episode of something.

I'm going to watch the Tracy Morgan one before bed though.

Comment

We're enjoying Glow Season 2 at the mo' too, next up is episode 6 and it's progressing at a really interesting and natural pace. Hope Netflix keeps it going as I know it's not one of their most watched shows despite the praise it gets.

We tried A Good Place before but couldn't get on with it, felt like a vacuum of humour. It's not offensively bad like most unfunny shows... it was just insanely bleh

Comment

Hulu may have rejected it, but Netflix hasn’t and has officially ordered to series an adaptation of Joe Hill’s acclaimed horror/fantasy comic series “Locke and Key”. The story follows a woman who moves her three children to Maine after her husband is brutally murdered. They arrive at Keyhouse, an unlikely New England mansion with fantastic […]

Netflix has greenlit to series the twice passed on show Locke and Key. The service has ordered a ten episode long first season of the show which follows a mother and her three children who move into an old New England mansion in Maine after the murder of her husband, once there they find the house is home to different doors that transform those who walk through them as well as an evil creature that stalks them trying to open the worst of all the doors.

Netflix have also set release dates for its remaining 2018 original movies:

September 21st: “Private Life”
                              Tamara Jenkins (“The Savages”) directs this Sundance entry in which a couple (Kathryn Hahn, Paul Giamatti) trying to get pregnant receive help in the form of their college dropout step-niece Sadie (Kayli Carter).
                              September 28th: “Apostle”
                              “The Raid” and its sequel director Gareth Evans returns in this film about a mysterious man (Dan Stevens) who travels to a remote island to rescue his sister who has been kidnapped by a religious cult (led by Michael Sheen) who will regret the day it baited this man.
                              October 19th: “The Highwaymen”
                              John Lee Hancock’s film stars Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson as former Texas Rangers commissioned as special investigators to end the robbery spree of Bonnie & Clyde.
                              October 26th: “Velvet Buzzsaw”
                              “Nightcrawler” director Dan Gilroy and actors Jake Gyllenhaal and Rene Russo re-team for this ensemble piece set in the world of contemporary art in Los Angeles. Toni Collette and John Malkovich also star.
                              November 2nd: “The Other Side of the Wind”
                              Orson Welles’ unfinished final film has finally been completed over forty years later. John Huston, Bob Random and Peter Bogdanovich star in the film which is said to be a satire of both the passing of Classic Hollywood and the avant-garde filmmakers of 1970s New Hollywood.
                              November 23rd: “Outlaw King”
                              “Hell or High Water” and “Starred Up” director David McKenzie helms this biopic starring Chris Pine as Robert the Bruce, the legendary King of Scots who battled to regain control of Scotland after he is declared an outlaw by the King of England. Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Florence Pugh also star.
                              October/November TBD: “The Ballad of Buster Scruggs”
                              Joel and Ethan Coen’s new film started out life as a six episode western anthology series and has since been re-edited into a film. Tim Blake Nelson, Brendan Gleeson, Liam Neeson and James Franco star in the project.
                              December 14th: “Roma”
                              Alfonso Cuaron (“Children of Men,” “Gravity”) helms this black-and-white film about a middle-class family in Mexico City in the early 1970s and how their struggles tie in with the country’s struggles through such events as the Corpus Christi Massacre.
                              December 21st: “Bird Box”
                              “The Night Manager” helmer Susanne Bier directs this sci-fi feature in the vein of “Children of Men”. Sandra Bullock plays a woman in a post apocalyptic setting who must find a way to guide herself and her blindfolded children down a river to safety despite the potential threat from unseen adversaries.
                              TBD 2018: “Hold the Dark”
                              “Green Room” and “Blue Ruin” director Jeremy Saulnier’s new film stars Alexander Skarsgard and Riley Keough set in the remote Alaskan wilderness. When a child is taken from his village by a pack of wolves, an expert hunter is summoned to track and destroy them – along the way he deals with his own failures as a man.
                              TBD 2018: “The Land of Steady Habits”
                              “Enough Said” helmer Nicole Holofcener’s new film deals with a newly retired man who has had enough of steady habits so leaves his wife, buys a condo and goes on a clumsy and heartbreaking journey to reconcile his past with his present.

Comment

Apparently Anthony Mackie has been cast as the lead of Altered Carbon season 2. I found the first series to be beautiful but it was problematic and the lead was terrible. Mackie has the potential to be a far stronger lead.

Comment

Working...
                                X