No announcement yet.

Netflix Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a really interesting insight into the adult entertainment industry for both the legit and underground sides.
    I can see why people used to say that Kabukicho was a dangerous place, ouch.

My wife was explaining part of why it is so popular in Japan is that nothing like this could be on TV. There is also one of the minor characters (the video shop owner) hasn't been edited out despite the actor being arrested for drugs - he has been edited out of EVERYTHING else he is in that hasn't been released yet, which has delayed the release of a movie or two it seems.

Also: boobs.

Comment

There's some of Muranishi's stuff on the 'Hub which is great fun to watch. I saw one where the guy says he's about to come and Muranishi starts screaming NOT YET!!! but he can't hold it and then you see a foot start kicking him in the back. Hilarious

Originally posted by kryss View Post
      My wife was explaining part of why it is so popular in Japan is that nothing like this could be on TV.
      The same TV that has a late-night programme involving a young woman running up a hill getting sweaty. That's literally it. Then the camera lingers on her while she catches her breath and the beads of sweat drip sensuously off her heaving breasts and onto... New Balance trainers.

There is also one of the minor characters (the video shop owner) hasn't been edited out despite the actor being arrested for drugs
      Yeah. There's a guy who's been kicked off TV since he slept with an underage girl, but he's on a Japanese car-based game show on Amazon. They even mentioned it in the programme.

Comment

Finished Glow Season 03 last night and those last two eps... I kind of hope there's a fourth season or something to tie it off because it was an unsatisfying end. The penultimate episode was a bit meh, it mostly felt like an aside that was coming at a point where core storylines should have been coming together. The side story with Bash and Rhonda... I don't mind it as an arc but it felt off tone because it was handled in a rushed manner thanks to them racing through something like 8 months of development in just 2 eps with such a large cast, if they get more eps hopefully it's paced better. The final ep was probably one of the weaker of the whole run, you could end it right there but it's less of a satisfying end than S2 would have been.

Comment

There's definitely some unfinished business and I particularly liked the final talk with Ruth and Debbie.
          It was good for Ruth after being repeatedly underestimated but Ruth didn't want to compromise her vision either.

Yeah, the Bash thing seemed a bit our-of-nowhere, especially as I was quite happy with the resolution with Rhonda and Birdie.
          It felt like they were becoming a team both in business and in marriage, then they threw this curveball in and resolved that with another curveball, judging by Rhonda's expression.

So yeah, no news yet on a renewal, but there's scope to tie everything up.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            http://www.darkhorizons.com/french-g...netflix-films/

French Group Slams Fests For Netflix Films

"Arthouse cinema group CICAE (the International Confederation of Art Cinemas), which represents a bunch of film exhibitors in Europe, has labelled the Venice Film Festival’s inclusion of multiple Netflix films in its line-up a “momentous mistake”.

Netflix’s “Marriage Story,” “The Laundromat” and “The King” all played at the fest and have generated much buzz and conversation. Today though CICAE sent out a long letter criticizing Venice, other festivals and the streamer with their model that does away with the theatrical window.

Francois Ayme, the President of CICAE’s French chapter, said the industry was at a ‘turning point’:

“The co-operation between the main events (Cannes, Venice, Berlin), all facing Netflix with a united front, could once again compel the platform to reconsider its position. Nothing is irreversible and the conundrum over the release of Martin Scorsese’s new movie clearly shows that nothing is settled.

For the last sixty years, if national television channels wanted to have their place in the sun on the Lido, they had to respect some rules; co-produce films and diffuse them after their releases in cinemas. Should the global online platforms be exempted de facto from these obligations?

General interest in films only comes after the special interest of a powerful company and the short-term vision of a festival largely funded by public money. Small companies are obliged to pay their taxes while multinational carry out tax optimisation.

Netflix is just like a large restaurant chain which would like to get three Michelin stars. It does have the ambition and the financial means, but it does not have the essence, let alone the vocation. Supporting and communication this ambition without negotiation is to betray the initial mission of a major festival, which must defend the works first and foremost.”

Heading into Venice, the International Union Of Cinemas (UNIC) also called for all films screening at festivals to have a full theatrical release. But overall backlash to Netflix has been much quieter this year as it seems acceptance of the new release paradigm has begun to take effect."

When the jumped up bunch of little t**s pots put their hands in their pockets and pay for said content to be made, THEN they get a say in how its distributed, shown or sold. Not before. The bare faced cheek of people just astounds me.

Comment

I’d like to Clockwork Orange that guy’s eyes and make him watch Bad Moms.

Christmas.

Comment

Baywatch - damn funny. You'd have to be pretty weird not to laugh a few times. I give it 3 sea urchins out of 4.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                  Baywatch - damn funny. You'd have to be pretty weird not to laugh a few times. I give it 3 sea urchins out of 4.
                  I actually enjoyed it, really cracked, me good Netflix fodder.

Comment

Finally finished Glow season 3 last night. While I missed the actual wrestling planning and so on, of which there was pretty much none this season, I thought this season was brilliant. Kind of a weird episode to end the season on but overall the season was incredibly strong.

Comment

I don't understand the praise. Most of the characters are pretty flat. I would have preferred more crazy wrestling storylines than lesbian love stories.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                        "Ok High School Musical".

Comment

I watched the first couple of episodes of Hyperdive, which is a drift course competition with people all over the world bringing a selection of cars to try and get the fastest time.

Totally up my street with some great cars, interesting and varied competitors and a great course.

Some of the highlights include a Japanese competitor (Atsushi Taniguchi) in his Toyota Crown painted like a police car getting some accidental air, a Lamborghini Huracan modified to go between 2 and 4-wheel-drive, Brittany Williams smashing the course in her Nissan 350z and just loads of sweet drifting.

You seen this, [MENTION=13193]nakamura[/MENTION]?

Comment

All 3 series of Clarence have landed on Netflix. I used to watch this with the kids all the time. Very funny show ... definitely one of the best kid's tv shows I've seen. It just understands and captures all the fun and silliness of being a kid better than anything else I've seen while the boys have been growing up.

Comment

The Witcher dropped friday just gone, hearing the usual marmite opinions.

Comment

The trailer looked pants

Comment

Working...
                                X