• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished White Lines. Great show.

Comment

Is no one watching Schitt's Creek here?

It's brilliant. BRILLIANT!

Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara play John and Moira Rose. John was the owner of Rose Video, the largest video rental chain in America; Moira was an actress who used to be on TV. They were super rich but lost almost everything due to tax fraud. They find out they own a town that John bought for his son as a joke birthday present because of the name (Schitt's Creek).

Levy's real-life son Dan plays his son(called David) in the show, and his real-life daughter plays a waitress at the town's cafe. Dan breaks character a lot and starts grinning, and sometimes has to turn away from the camera. O'Hara is incredible. Her accent is all over the shop(I'd never before head enchiladas pronounced like it's a French word until she did).

I'm half-way through season 3 and I'm hooked on it. Every episode I've seen so far has been stellar.

Comment

Yeah, Schitt's Creek is decent. There is a point where it really dropped off for me and I gave up on it, not sure when but think it was end of season 2/start of season 3 maybe.

Around the time when the son buys the shop and that becomes a major part of the storyline. It all got very cosy and tiresome for me then, whereas it started off nice and sharp.

I'd like to recommend the film Time Share. It's a Mexican Netflix Original about a guy who takes his wife and young child on holiday to a luxurious timeshare resort for a discount holiday. Dark things are afoot there, and the cheap holiday has some nasty strings attached.

A fun, dark and often quite eerie story. Beautiful visually too. Doesn't outstay its welcome, either, at just 90 minutes. Give it a watch.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
          Is no one watching Schitt's Creek here?
          I watched the first episode but it wasn't for me. A lot of people I know adore it though. Seems to be very popular.

Comment

We finished Dark this week after seeing season 3 was on the way we burned through the first two the week before and had s3 wrapped up by Sunday night. It really holds you attention and the English dub was very well done. Having the subtitles on as well proved more confusing as they differ in places. Brannon Braga would be proud.

Comment

Working...
            X