Netflix Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    Shame. I liked Moon and Source Code, but didn't see Warcraft.

Mute is, as you say, getting savaged.
    The Moon director has delivered a catastrophically misjudged riff on Blade Runner with an astoundingly dull performance from Alexander Skarsgård

However, Warcraft was panned by critics and people stayed away, but if I already have Netflix, I'd take a punt on a film anyway.
    Bright and Cloverfield Paradox were both flayed by the press, yet I saw both of them. The former was good fun and the latter was watchable.
    I think this just goes to show that 'straight to Netflix' is more of a thing than a specially curated 'Netflix original'. Netflix is a good place to put stuff that looks like it will flop, since it'll earn viewers through virtue of Netflix's massive viewership and the fact that it's essentially 'free' for subscribers to watch.

People with teenage children - do they visit the cinema? It feels like since 'video content' is something we have on tap and are inundated with daily via phones and computers, film is probably not seen as a particularly distinct category of entertainment by a lot of kids today. That's my assumption anyway. I don't know if they'd see it as being special.

Comment

When it comes to movies, it makes sense that Netflix would get the dumped movies. If you look at what a big movie takes in during its cinema run, there isn't the slightest chance that Netflix could afford to pay that for a movie. Financially, it's no substitute for box office success.

Comment

I think this is why their recent movie strategy has drawn so much attention. Bright had a production budget of $90m which was high unless most of that went on convincing Smith to do it. It's one of those little fray edges Netflix has where it's undeniably working at the moment but you can see how it could all turn against them quite quickly. Success seems to be mitigating failure at the moment but once Disney wades in it'll be interesting to see how sustainable Netflix finds this cash happy approach

Comment

My kids still like going to the cinema. Not quite teens yet

Comment

Following Netflix’s much buzzed about success in 2015 with its true crime documentary series “Making a Murderer,” it has been revealed that a sequel series is in the works – one that’s in addition to a second season of “Making a Murderer” which is also on the way. This sequel series, titled “Convicting a Murderer,” […]

In addition to Making a Murderer Season 2, Netflix have announced Convicting a Murderer. I may be wrong but I think Making S2 will follow a new case whereas Convicting S1 will return to the Avery case of Making S1 to relook at the case and address criticisms the first season of the main show drew.

Comment

Gattaca is on Amazon Prime. Brilliant film.

Has anyone watched Stronghold (foreign film). Looks cool

Comment

Gattaca has a lovely soundtrack.

Comment

I've just watched Annihilation and my head hurts.

Last edited by QualityChimp; 13-03-2018, 12:01.

Comment

We just started Lillyhammer. Turned it off after two episodes - bad acting, **** characters, and boring.

So we just started Narcos, which i have been meaning to start since the dawn of time. Much better, wanted to watch episode 2 but have to get up to administer meds so called it a night. More tomorrow.

Comment

I'd heard Lilyhammer was excellent but I also only lasted two eps.

Comment

IMDB gives it a ton of 8/10 + ratings, but not too sure how.

Comment

Responding to an angry fan demanding to know why work had yet to begin on a fourth season of Adult Swim’s “Rick and Morty” animated series, show co-creator Dan Harmon revealed that there was a very good reason creative staff were not working on new episodes. It turns out the network has yet to order […]

Turns out Netflix still haven't greenlit Rick and Morty Season 4 making it far off if it even happens at all.

Comment

Queer Eye

Netflix claimed it was a 98% match for me and they weren't wrong. It's great! No fluff, either. They come in, do the business, leave, then watch a video of the person doing something cool a week later as a result of their makeover. BAM! End credits.

I've seen the first two episodes so far. I hope it doesn't stray from its formula and feast on the typical reality TV tropes.

Comment

Trailer for The Titan

Nice logo *cough*masseffect*ahem*

Comment

A couple of friends watched "Icarus" tonight and said it was amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X