X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daredevil s3 was good.

Comment

American Vandal S2

Wasn’t feeling it during the first two episodes but it switched gears in the third and has turned into a commentary on high school/university athletes being treated like gods and getting away with murder - like hazing and #metoo - because they bring in so much money.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        You’d think that has to be a consideration. If Netflix makes a huge success of a show that will get pulled to a competing streaming service, that’s a problem and waste of resources for Netflix.
        If Disney think anyone is going to want to

A: Watch a PG rated version of these series after all the effort Netflix put into their shows
        B: Think anyone is going to sign up to yet another sub service.

They have a nasty shock coming.

Comment

I'm betting on Disney on those efforts. The Netflix shows will likely all end in the next few years making the Disney service the only one with MCU proper named series and even if both are still running series, the Disney ones look to be much, much bigger scale and appeal than Netflix shows. I do think an implosion of sorts is coming to the streaming service era with so many services coming out but I feel Netflix should, and does seem to be thankfully, concerned about its long term position as they're going to get their knees knocked out from under them.

Comment

Chosen.

Chinese / Australian remake of a US series.

Cracking stuff.

Comment

Pacific Rim & Altered Carbon Anime shows coming from Netflix.

Comment

I've watched the first few eps of The Haunting of Hill House over the last few nights and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Really good watch so far.

Comment

The Haunting of Hill House was really good, everyone involved in that including the kids were great.
                  Went in expecting horror and got a really good mix of horror and drama, hell my wife HATES the horror genre and she really enjoyed it, so that’s saying something.

Comment

John Leguizamo's Latin History for Morons

Brilliant, and it's shocking how much of their history has been covered up.

Comment

Ghost in the Shell Series Coming to Netflix
                      "Netflix has ordered a new 3DCG anime series based off the Ghost in the Shell manga

Netflix has heard your "Netflix Anime Adaptation" memes and is bringing out the big guns to put a stop to them.

One of the most well-known anime properties to Western audiences is getting new life at Netflix. The streaming giant announced today that it will be bringing a "reborn" Ghost in the Shell series to life in 2020.

The series, titled Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045, will be animated in 3DCG and is to be directed by Kenji Kamiyama and Shinji Aramaki. Aramaki helped pioneer the 3DCG look in Appleseed, while Kamiyama is familiar with the Ghost in the Shell universe having directed 2002's Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Both directors are already working with Netflix on Ultraman, which will arrive in April of 2019.

Netflix's announcement of the series doesn't reveal any plot details or specify whether this is a reboot or continuation. Regardless of what route Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 takes, there will be a familiar heroine involved. Here is your first look at the new Motoko Kusanagi.

She seems nice.

Ghost in the Shell is one of the longest-running and most recognizable anime properties ever. Starting with the 1989 manga by Masamune Shirow, Ghost in the Shell is set in a cyberpunk future where human beings have cyberbrains to interface with computers. The world of Ghost in the Shell has been adapted to numerous animated films and TV shows and in one instance was a live-action film starring Scarlett Johansson.

Netflix is working hard to beef up its anime catalog. Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045 will exist alongside a live-action adaptation of another massive anime property, Cowboy Bebop."

Comment

I've just started watching Maniac. Two eps in. So far so very good.

Comment

Watched the first couple of episodes of Big Mouth S2.
                          It's even ruder than the first series, but still funny and cringey.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              I've just started watching Maniac. Two eps in. So far so very good.
                              Enjoy it before it takes a big sliding dump a few episodes later. Soz.
                              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Bandersnatch is a masterpiece.
                                3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Working...
                                X