No announcement yet.

Netflix Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I half watched a couple of eps last night. It's sort of Poundland Game of Thrones.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        The Witcher dropped friday just gone, hearing the usual marmite opinions.
        I've seen the first three episodes now and it's excellent, particularly liked the emergence of Yennefer. They've handled the lore really, it's well acted and shot. I'll definitely be watching the rest of them.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          I half watched a couple of eps last night. It's sort of Poundland Game of Thrones.
          I'd buy that for a dollar pound.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            I've seen the first three episodes now and it's excellent, particularly liked the emergence of Yennefer. They've handled the lore really, it's well acted and shot. I'll definitely be watching the rest of them.
            Yep same. Really enjoying this so far.

Comment

Netflix have bought the rights to Studio Ghibli's films ... with 21 coming next month:

From February, 21 of the studio's iconic films will be available on Netflix.

Comment

That's great news. I have 22 on DVD. I wonder which one they haven't included?
                [edit] after a quick google it appears to be Grave of the Fireflies. Slightly odd choice - Pom Poko is a less mainstream film. Maybe GofF is too miserable.
                Last edited by gordon; 20-01-2020, 22:09.

Comment

Understandable.

People who think cartoons are for kids would be in for a treat if GotF popped up!

Comment

I don't see why it's such big news, channel four had them on every day a while back.

Comment

Genuinely like virtually everything Netflix put their name too, but their Ghost in the Shell adaptation needs to be burnt with napalm and never spoken of again.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                        Genuinely like virtually everything Netflix put their name too, but their Ghost in the Shell adaptation needs to be burnt with napalm and never spoken of again.
                        But it isn't even out yet...
                        Last edited by vabarna; 27-01-2020, 18:13.

Comment

You’ve not seen the trailer? Efffing horrendous.

Comment

I did see it, but I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. It is (at least partly) made by Production I.G. and one of its directors directed one of my favourite anime series. Character design is not what I would call ideal, but I would be willing to look past that if the story gripped me.

Comment

Been watching The Floor Is Lava with the kids. Just a daft assault course slow but it's really watchable.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                Been watching The Floor Is Lava with the kids. Just a daft assault course slow but it's really watchable.
                                I've added this to the watchlist already, so thanks for adding to the list of people saying it's worth watching with the kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X