• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, guys.

Zoo

ZOO

ZOO

It's based on the James Patterson novel of the same name.

It's wicked. Animals around the world start killing humans and launching coordinating attacks on power stations, etc. We binged four episodes in a row last weekend and we never do that.

Comment

Pencil in October 12th, Apostle, new Netflix original movie.
      Can’t wait to watch this, trailer sells it hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        Nobody needs that.
        I'm actually really looking forward to it.

The original show is genuinely amazing, and I say that as someone who came to it as an adult. Once I got over the initally at-times jarring tone, I saw what might be the best kids' TV show ever made. Honestly, it was susprisingly moving in parts and really well-paced.

It deserves a better live-action adaptation than that dreadful one from years ago, just like how His Dark Materials is getting a new adaptation after the first one screwed up.

If you're someone who dismissed it because it was a Nickelodeon show with that weird 90s "western-anime-imitation" look in the trailers, I encourage you to see past that and give it another go, or at least check out this new version.

Comment

I don’t see why it needs a live-action adaptation at all. It has been told already in the best way possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            Very much looking forward to starting this too!
            Just finished it. It did NOT disappoint :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              I don’t see why it needs a live-action adaptation at all. It has been told already in the best way possible.
              Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of adaptations in general unless they bring something new to the table. I just love the original property so I'm going to give it the time of day to see how it works out.

Comment

Live Action Death Note:

Not recommended. Light's character wrong, L's character wrong. Ryuk was pretty good in a low budget way but overall a complete balls up of an adaptation.

Comment

There a live action Bleach movie on Netflix now too.

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                  We binged four episodes in a row last weekend and we never do that.
                  I feel you've not fully embraced Netflix yet.

Comment

Me and the kids have been watching Hilda it has great world building full of trolls giants and strange creatures. it has a lovely animation style and is a real joy to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                      Me and the kids have been watching Hilda it has great world building full of trolls giants and strange creatures. it has a lovely animation style and is a real joy to watch.

Troll Hunters was dam excellent as well. Had me consistently chuckling.

Comment

Thanks! I might try this with my son.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Thanks! I might try this with my son.
                          my 11 year old loves and 8 year old love it too

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                          Troll Hunters was dam excellent as well. Had me consistently chuckling.
                          Yeah we did the whole of troll hunters really enjoyed it, if you have amazon video we also really enjoyed the Ronja, the Robber's Daughter which was co-produced by Studio Ghibli.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            There a live action Bleach movie on Netflix now too.
                            I thought this had only recently come out at the cinema? I might check this out if its on UK Netflix to see if they make a sterling effort of it or a complete butcher job.

Comment

Detectorists. Man, I'm loving this show, so dry, so charming.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                Live Action Death Note:

Not recommended. Light's character wrong, L's character wrong. Ryuk was pretty good in a low budget way but overall a complete balls up of an adaptation.
                                I still have the 3 original live action movies sat in the DVD Collection, those were bearable but heard the Netflix one is just plain awful

Comment

Working...
                                X