Earth Defense Force 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth Defense Force 5

A new title in the Earth Defense Force series was announced for PS4 at Sony's Japanese press conference earlier today.T…

So, here it is. Already lined up, the next gen entry in the EDF series. For now it's unconfirmed what form the game will take or which studio is developing the game. However, at the moment it's only on Playstation 4.

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Comment

Disappointed Supes still got the first post for this, even after the Matrix reset.

Still no news on a Western release, but it's going to be IMMENSE!

Comment

You're a moderator. A Super Moderator, some would say. Nuke this thread with a Prominence MA and start a new one!

Comment

DLC announcement video:

Comment

Still no Western release date but DLC info of a new enemy and some kind of crossover with the CGI Starship Troopers: Traitors of Mars film.

I'm a bit lost as I didn't understand a word after "Konnichiwa".

Comment

Livesteam of the DLC tonight at 9pm Japanese time.
              New monsters will be revealed!

Wait. That's in the past. Here's the whole thing! (1hr 20 mins)
              Gameplay from about 33 mins.

I think they've released a manga novel: "Battle of the Lambda Team"

Plus there's a strategy guide:
              『地球防衛軍5』をこの冬休みにゆっくり楽しもうという皆さまにオフィシャルガイドブックが本日(12月28日)発売!

Comment

Sorry, sorry, sorry.

I know you were expecting localisation news, but there's still nothing. Dagnabbit.

There's some DLC for the Japanese release coming out in April.

The new DLC mission pack in April will include these new enemies:

Aggressive Alien Species Alpha Armor Mutations
                Protected Aliens Types A & B
                Aggressive Alien Species Beta Steel Body Mutations
                Predatory Invasive Series
                Predatory Larvae

There are also 30 and more new types of weapons, including:

Wing Diver – Mag Blaster FDX
                Air Raider – Nyx Saber
                Fencer – 38mm Rage Cannon

This is getting a bit painful now. Hurry up and do a Western release!

Comment

I'm quite surprised news of a western date is so slow coming given the spin-off is also in development and this is the best time of year for a series like EDF rather than get buried at Xmas

Comment

Looks like I'll be getting the Japanese version then.

Comment

EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 5
                      Traditional Chinese/Korean/English Version Confirmed for This Summer!

I think this means there's a release coming out in the East with English text, but it's not a Western release.

Comment

IGN is your site for Xbox One, PS4, PC, Wii-U, Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, PS Vita & iPhone games with expert reviews, news, previews, trailers, cheat codes, wiki guides & walkthroughs

"It was announced today that Earth Defense Force 5, developed by Sandlot and published by D3 Publisher, will be released fully-voiced in Traditional Chinese, Korean, English for the PlayStation 4 this summer, initially only released in Japanese in December 2017.

Earth Defense Force 5 is an third-person action shooter where you defend humanity and Earth against unknown invading extraterrestrial forces, varying from giant frog and ant armies to Godzilla-like creatures rampaging through the city. You know, the EDF tried and true staple.

You play as a newly recruited soldier of the Earth Defense Force and you will have 4 classes to choose from. Engage in close combat as a front line Fencer. Provide air superiority and rain destruction from above with the Wing Diver. Fire long range rockets from the ground as a Ranger. Or support the rest as an Air Raider. With that plus nearly 1,000 weapons at your disposal and over 100 missions to play through, there will be countless hours of alien killing mayhem to be had.

The game supports up to a four-player online multiplayer co-op or two-player local split screen, allowing you to play through the campaign in single player or with friends and support each other in the fight against the invasion.

As a celebration for the summer release of Earth Defense Force 5, a limited time only discount for its predecessor, Earth Defense Force 4.1, is available until April 18th on the PS4. Get it before it expires and join the excitement before the release of the new game."

Comment

Why couldn’t you have told us this four days ago?!?

Comment

I was in another country four days ago!

Comment

Yuss! I'm glad you had the honour of first-posting this epochal news, QC.

Comment

Working...
                              X