No announcement yet.

Best Modern Platformers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can’t beat some Shantae for modern platforming action.

Comment

The Astrobot games (both VR and PS5 pack-in) are brilliant. Loads to do and packed with more easter eggs and cool little touches than you can imagine. They're both really lovingly put-together games that offer very fun platforming, easily on a par with many of the Mario games. I can't wait to see what the devs have got lined up for the series.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
        Can’t beat some Shantae for modern platforming action.
        I want to really like them but I always find them insipid once you get past the gorgeous animations and sprites. I did like Seven Sirens more than Hal-Genie Hero though.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but no mention of the Ori games yet? Crimes!

Comment

Originally posted by Stakers View Post
            I know this is an old thread but no mention of the Ori games yet? Crimes!
            I was going to but that kinda fits into metroidvania territory right? They are both excellent though.

Comment

The two Astrobots. Without referring to Mario nothing else comes close is the real answer.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                However - I have not played Astrobot, as I don't have a PSVR. And everyone says that is on par with Mario so I'm very excited to try that when the PSVR2 drops. I did play the pack-in PS5 Astrobot game and enjoyed that very much (although it's still no Mario).
                Astro Bot is amazing. A-MA-ZING!
                The only reason I didn't mention it is because the OP from 84 years ago and the Wise Fwom Your Gwave restart post were looking for 2D platformers.

Which got me thinking I too would love another 2D Shinobi game. I can still replay any of those games and still get a thrill.

Comment

Ah, OK, yeah, I missed the bit about 2D. All I have to offer in that regard is that I greatly enjoyed the Rayman Origins and Legends games, which everyone else has already mentioned. There are a bunch of indie efforts on Switch I should really check out.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                    Ah, OK, yeah, I missed the bit about 2D. All I have to offer in that regard is that I greatly enjoyed the Rayman Origins and Legends games, which everyone else has already mentioned. There are a bunch of indie efforts on Switch I should really check out.
                    Hey, no problem, just saying why I focused on 2D suggestions, but you've actually reminded me about the brilliant Trine series.
                    I loved 1 and 2, but have 3 in the pile o' shame.
                    Although they're puzzle platformers, rather than action platformers as requested, I had to mention them because they were funny, brain-taxing, fun and they looked absolutely lush in 3D.

Comment

Astro Bot is brilliant but it’s no Mario Odyssey.

Comment

Mario Odyssey is good but it's no Astro Bot!

Comment

Astro Bot is better than Odyssey IMHO.
                          Both are must-plays though.

Back to the brief, I see that Mark of the Ninja Remastered is £7.15 in the current PSN sale.

The Mark of the Mark of the Ninja Remastered is 90/100 on Metacritic.

Comment

That a sequel?

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              That a sequel?
                              The original game came out in 2012 and the remaster in 2018.

Comment

Hmmm, my comment was too subtle I think lol.

The Mark ofthe Mark ofthe Ninja Remastered is 90/100 on Metacritic.

Comment

Working...
                                X