No announcement yet.

"Come onnnnnnnnn"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quake III Revolution on the PS2. The game itself was a good laugh, but it took up to 3 or 4 minutes for each match to load up, which got on my nerves.

Comment

Jurassic Park : Operation Genesis (ps2 version).
      The loading times of this game are way too long.

Comment

KOTOR. Not too many screens, but the intro movie has an annoying habit of ignoring the start button. And the rest of the buttons for that matter.

Comment

I seem to remember Conker's Bad Fur Day on the N64 as being one of the most infuriating. You had to sit through the entire "Conker slashing the N64 logo" thing every time. Really pissed me off, that did.

I think skippable starting credits are a necessity tbh. And an option to turn off menu 'fades' so that when you select something on the menu it goes to the submenu automatically, not after some ****ty 5 minute fade.

Other than that, there are a number of good ones. I also like the opening of Halo, and the background Halo on the menu looks great . I'm also a big fan of minimalist menus, don't really like complications. I think one of the most confusing had to be Extreme G 3. Just couldn't get my head round it :S.

And yes, as with many things, the DC and GC are probably the best for the shortest loading/waiting times. Meh.

Comment

Colin Mcrae04
            Whats with all the loading screens. I know the game has to load but is that many really needed?

Comment

Originally posted by Moodmon
              KOTOR. Not too many screens, but the intro movie has an annoying habit of ignoring the start button. And the rest of the buttons for that matter.
              I think you can press the black or white button. I can't remember which one... I just hammer them all until it goes.

BUT! THE SWOOP RACES!!!!GAH!

When you were going for the faster times, one mistake and the race was pointless. If you screwed up, you had to wait ages for the registration area to load, and then there's a stupid cutscene mocking your loss. There's one place that's pretty bad, but another place is terrible, with an overlong cutscene with no point to it. Then you have to go through the menus. Thank gosh you can skip the stupid alien speech.

Comment

Resident Evil on the PS1.

Company logos (which are skippable), plus a sluggish, clunky front-end with long loading sequences. When you die its worse as you have to sit through the 'Game Over' screen before being sent ALL the way back to the title screen again. :yawn:

Comment

The FMVs in FF7 for the some of the summons got annoying once you'd seen them a few times. Unskipable FMV in general annoys me.

Regards
                  Marty

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
                    The FMVs in FF7 for the some of the summons got annoying once you'd seen them a few times. Unskipable FMV in general annoys me.

Regards
                    Marty
                    FF7 wasn't so bad, since you generally didn't use most summons more than a few times each against the harder enemies and bosses. FF8 was much worse as your regular weapons were useless and you had summons from the very beginning.

Comment

I find the waits between restarting a level after dying far more frustrating than lengthy intro/developer logos. IMO there's nothing worse than wanting to get stuck back in and having to sit through endless menu cycles/loading times just to get back to where you were. MDK2 and Star Wars Starfighter were both main offenders for me in my early PS2 days.
                      And to think that once upon a time I'd happily wait 5 mins again and again for Creatures 2 to load up...

Comment

I'm surprised no-ones mentioned Vice Citry; some of the worst loading I've seen this side of an 8-bit home computer.

Comment

Yeah, but when I turn the PS2 on I go to the loo, have a drink, and come back when its done. And the rest of the menu system isn't that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ?pint
                            I seem to remember Conker's Bad Fur Day on the N64 as being one of the most infuriating. You had to sit through the entire "Conker slashing the N64 logo" thing every time. Really pissed me off, that did.
                            Strangely there was a cheat that let you skip it. Turn on the game then reset your console straight away. Then just when conkers chainsaw is about to cut the 'N' logo press start!

Comment

Plus it was a great intro and didn't last that long

Comment

Originally posted by Ady
                                I'm surprised no-ones mentioned Vice Citry; some of the worst loading I've seen this side of an 8-bit home computer.
                                And after all that loading you'd at least expect some killer graphics instead you have a game that makes Disgaea look advanced. But that's what overhyped hooker killer sims look like.

I love when I quit a game, I won't say which one and they ask me if I want to save. No that's ok just erase all the work I've accomplished, I do it again tomorrow. Of course I want to save! Am I sure I want to save over my old save? Well I picked the slot didn't I.

Do game companies need that much validation? Can't they accept that we always want to save when we quit and we always want to save over our old ones.

Summoning FMVS suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X