User Tag List

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    I remember the early shots of Saturn Shinobi. Two in particular. One on a mountain and one with massive budda statues. It also had a different hud.
    I
    It looks so much better then, I wonder what happened and why the change.

Gotta admit, I never got Cyber Speedway back in the day and looking at that video I'm happy I didn't. It's interesting to compare it with contemporary titles, like Hi-Octane and Wipeout (and that other one, where you're racing in the gyrosphere things, which was fun). Overall though it just shows how in presentation, Wipeout was just streets ahead of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    It looks so much better then, I wonder what happened and why the change.
    I never played Shinobi X, even though I wanted to. Did it get trashed in Sega Saturn Magazine or CVG? As if so, that was probably the reason.

Nostalgia... Back in the 90s, I was really careful over what games I got and which ones I avoided. I remember how, back then, I got games so rarely (usually just 1 for Christmas and 1 for my birthday - like getting titles outside of this was so irregular that I remember the 5 games for which this happened; Screamer, Rise of the Robots, Virtua Cop, Gungriffon and Guardian Heroes). That meant you had to be really sure that every game you asked for was a showstopper, or you could end up saddled with a dud that you'd have to try and glean some enjoyment out of for 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Asura View Post
    I never played Shinobi X, even though I wanted to. Did it get trashed in Sega Saturn Magazine or CVG? As if so, that was probably the reason.
    It got decent reviews and it's a decet game. The change happend long before the game even came out in Japan. Here's the pics from the Saturn flyer than came with the Launch Saturn in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    It got decent reviews and it's a decet game. The change happend long before the game even came out in Japan. Here's the pics from the Saturn flyer than came with the Launch Saturn in Japan
    Shinobi X gets a lot of flack, but is a decent enough games, those screenshots don't look that different from the finished game, could have contained placeholder art.

Right some lesser known games this week starting with the FMV adventure Strahl, which also came out on 3D0 and Laser Disc:

Next Cube Battle an OVA crossed with a puzzle game, nice idea neds more content this is the second of the two Cube Battler games:

Finally we have the rather bad Battle Satations, which is actually quite funny to play, this also got released on PS1:

Did you know there are 2 cube battler games for the Saturn?

Edit - wrong thread
    Last edited by MartyG; 06-07-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by S3M View Post

Finally we have the rather bad Battle Satations, which is actually quite funny to play, this also got released on PS1:
    I hadn't heard of this before, so I'll give it a go. Looks pretty fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakumo View Post
    Did you know there are 2 cube battler games for the Saturn?
    Errrr Yakumo did you read my post and the text above the Cube Battle video? What you think of it anyway? It's an interesting if flawed game.

Starting to feel my age when I can say I think PSP is retro now (just about) first video of the week covers the little known Brave Story New Traveler.

Quote Originally Posted by S3M View Post
    Errrr Yakumo did you read my post and the text above the Cube Battle video? What you think of it anyway? It's an interesting if flawed game.]
    Ah I did but not properly. As for the game I never really played it much so I don't remember it well. I do remember not thinking much of it.

Yeah it's far from a perfect game, but I enjoyed it.

We did a longplay of the excellent In the Hunt the other week from Irem:

This is the longplay:

Here's us also schooling all the bosses in a no death run, shame the longplay wasn't as good a run.