No announcement yet.

Randomised Gaming Retro Videos & Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psyth looks cool, funny when a mini game looks better than some full priced titles out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
      Psyth looks cool, funny when a mini game looks better than some full priced titles out there.
      Yeah, it looks better than a lot of modern shooters you get on Steam. I wish it were a full game.

Comment

Nice vid by NostalgicDan of Psyth and twin bee time caravan, hidden in the game.

-Never before seen Sega Saturn Konami Shooters? Say what!-Hey guys Nostalgic Dan here with another episode of Odds & Ends. The video series where we take a l...

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
          Nice vid by NostalgicDan of Psyth and twin bee time caravan, hidden in the game.
          Yeah got a playthrough of Twinbee time attack coming later on the channel. I found out about them from Videogameimports, That video dvdx2 linked to was very helpful in unlocking them he has a rough guide in the description. Not perfect mind you only have until March 1998 when the game ends to unlock PSYTH and you must have around 700+ in the computing skill at least when I unlocked it. The computer fair on October 12th each year is where you can unlock both games, but I didn't unlock PSYTH until January 1998. There is different games on each version of Tokimeki Memorial that Dan video covers the PC Engine and PS1 version not sure what games are on the Super Famicom and PSP versions. Both games take over an hour to unlock and there are a lots of other unlockable mini-games also, one is a parody of Final Fantasy. You can largely skip a lot of the events with the women in it to speed up playing it

If you want to see a perfect run on PSYTH check out this Japanese link: https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8588229
          (Shows all the hidden scores bonuses so much to learn) He shows the hidden options you unlock after finishing the game, I need to do a second run at some point and improve my score.
          Last edited by S3M; 11-10-2020, 12:54.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
            [FONT=arial]Really interesting one is this shmup PSYTH, that is hidden on Tokimeki Memorial ~Forever With You~ very little on it, but a very impressive 2D mini-game shooter with a really indebt scoring system. Need to add it to that Saturn shmup list thread I did a while back.
            Is this the game ?

I have the game for years LOL How do you go about unlocking the extra mini games mate? BTW keep up the great work on the channel. Soinc R stream was ace and I never knew you once worked for TT

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
              Is this the game ?I
              Tokimeki Memorial ~Forever With You~, Yes that's the one. That has PSYTH and Twinbee Time Attack. Twinbee TA is a short little game with 4 bosses, 2 bosses from the SNES version and two from the second arcade game Detana!! Twinbee / Bells & Whistles in the west. I worked with TT on a game, never worked at them.

For the record in case anyone has any doubts on what game it is as I known there is a ton of differnet Tokimeki Memorial titles. https://segaretro.org/Tokimeki_Memorial:_Forever_With_You

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
                Tokimeki Memorial ~Forever With You~, Yes that's the one. That has PSYTH and Twinbee Time Attack. Twinbee TA is a short little game with 4 bosses, 2 bosses from the SNES version and two from the second arcade game Detana!! Twinbee / Bells & Whistles in the west. I worked with TT on a game, never worked at them.

For the record in case anyone has any doubts on what game it is as I known there is a ton of differnet Tokimeki Memorial titles. https://segaretro.org/Tokimeki_Memorial:_Forever_With_You
                Are these Mini games hard to unlock? Thanks for all the info btw

Comment

Right here is a full Twinbee Time Attack video.

Neither game is hard to unlock just takes time as the game is rather slow, but you can largely ignore the women in it and event to speed things up. Just remember to save, when you can as you can only save on certain days and don't let your health go below 35. Else you will become sick and lose lots of progress. Resting does reduce all stats, I would rest at around 35-40 and wait until it was back at 7th doing computer club lessons. In short you have to spend every single day pretty much in the club to unlock this. See the video dvd linked to for more deatils. May do a full guide myself.

Comment

What we need is someone with a bit of talent to rip both games from the disc and make them available as standalone games.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                      What we need is someone with a bit of talent to rip both games from the disc and make them available as standalone games.
                      Keep in mind you would need to do that for all the different games on all the different versions. Got released on PC Engine, Saturn, PS1, Windows, SFC, GB (Got split into two version) and PSP to say the least. I would suggest it for BOTP if it wasn't for the fact most people wouldn't want to see a Japanese dating game even if it was from IGA of Castlevania frame.

So according to this Japanese shmups list Tokimeki Memorial 2, Tokimeki Memorial 2 Substories Vol.2 and Tokimeki Memorial Drama Series Vol.3 Departure Poetry also include extra shmup games on them.

Managed to find a video of the game in Tokimeki Memorial 2 Substories Vol.2 and it looks a lot bigger than PSYTH from the Saturn one.

Seems the series was full of bonus games based on this list and I'm not sure that list is a complete list either. Some may have had none shmup games on them.

http://shmup.wiki.fc2.com/wiki/%E3%83%97%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B9%E3%83%86%E3%8 3%BC%E3%82%B7%E3%83%A7%E3%83%B3
                      Last edited by S3M; 12-10-2020, 14:49.

Comment

We have a new feature up on the blog that explains a way to force PAL PS1 games into 60Hz, far from perfect, but turns out it is possible. Got a sample list of working games on the blog, but it is very hit and miss, lots of part optimised games as well on PS1. It's surprising there has been so little on the subject for the PS1 despite the fan base size originally: https://randomisedgaming.tumblr.com/post/632059947316805632/importplayer-light-for-ps1-how-to-fix-some-mod

In short it's thanks to the boot disc ImportPlayer Light 2.1 which also fixes the issue of Matrix Chips force NTSC games into 50Hz on a PAL console. It's an interest read, just a shame the boot disc wasn't updated to a better standard.

New video up with some gameplay from the 32X version of DOOM, badly unfinished but certainly better playing than the Saturn version:

Frame rate is around 15 fps, but least it's not packed with the slowdown of the Saturn one. Only 17 stages in this version they had to cut out the third act and a few other stages, for release.
                        Last edited by S3M; 19-10-2020, 13:56.

Comment

Time to spare? This episode of CGQ is a great watch:

If I could only own one console with a single year’s worth of releases then a Mega Drive with its 1990 catalogue wouldn’t be a bad shout. Ushered in the new era of 16-bit gaming which felt so cutting edge at the time.

Less time on your hands? Have a peek at these new-ish Speccy games that I hadn’t come across until now:

Never ceases to amaze me how far the machine continues to be pushed!

Comment

Wow, that Aliens game looks great. Well, they both do tbh, but I've only watched that one for now.

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                              Wow, that Aliens game looks great. Well, they both do tbh, but I've only watched that one for now.
                              Yeah, really good use of colour in that one. A lot of the more recently developed games for the system tend to go for an acid-inspired, psychedelic overdose of colour as if it were a reaction to the many years of monochrome titles Speccy fans had to endure back the day. day, so I really appreciate the pared back use of spot colour this time around.
                              Last edited by samanosuke; 21-10-2020, 14:23.

Comment

There's some lovely little effects too, like the flickering lights and the steam coming from vents. Great stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X