No announcement yet.

Randomised Gaming Retro Videos & Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember loving Theme Park on my '90s PC -- it had a lot of charm and kept me entertained for a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
      I remember loving Theme Park on my '90s PC -- it had a lot of charm and kept me entertained for a few months.
      Yeah the original was great for losing hours of your life on. But once you built a successful Park in one country there wasn't much incentive to build one in another.

Next video is on the follow up Theme Park World, one of those games that took the jump to 3D when it doesn't really need it. There are quite a few changes between the releases of this one. A fun game, but was just missing something from the first. A rare case where the PS2 console version might actually be better than then the PC.

Comment

Got some PS1 video from the last week including a Playthrough of Gunners Heaven:

All certainly fall into the lesser known PS1 game range.

Comment

I find Gunners Heaven to be really difficult. I do like it but some think about it feels off.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
            Got some PS1 video from the last week including a Playthrough of Gunners Heaven:
            I remember turning my nose up at Gunners Heaven when it was released, but I ended up really liking it years later. Now it's easily in my Top 20 PS1 games; I really like the graphics and overall design. Being 2D helps it stand the test of time really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              I find Gunners Heaven to be really difficult. I do like it but some think about it feels off.
              It's one of those games you need to learn the bosses attack patterns and once you do it's a piece of cake, pretty much like Contra and Metal Slug. It's based on Gunstar Heroes and once you get to know it the game isn't that hard, mind you I'm a huge fan of the genre. We were debating if it was worth doing a how to play video, for this type of game, showing how to beat the game with a audio guide, but would many people watch it?

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
              I remember turning my nose up at Gunners Heaven when it was released, but I ended up really liking it years later. Now it's easily in my Top 20 PS1 games; I really like the graphics and overall design. Being 2D helps it stand the test of time really well.
              I first played it way back in Virgin Megastore, when the game released in Europe under the name Rapid Reload and really enjoyed. The 2D was lovely, but the game really was over shadowed and poorly reviewed by many because it was 2D and not 3D. In hindsight many review for this were unfair as of all the PS1 games in Europe released on launch this has aged by far the best.

Comment

We were debating if it was worth doing a how to play video, for this type of game, showing how to beat the game with a audio guide, but would many people watch it?
                Might be an idea. There's probably a few out there like me who can't get in to this game.

Comment

Might be an idea. There's probably a few out there like me who can't get in to this game.
                  Might be an idea once we get some of the other projects out of the way

In the mean time did a run as Ruka this time around and we also adjust it to full screen, certainly the harder of the two characters:

Also doing a few more quick and easy boss video, will we work on some other projects:

Also took a look at the cult 90s game Chip's Challenge one of those games just about everyone played back in the day not many played the original Lynx version however. One for BOTP I feel, in fact there are three different PC releases alone.

Comment

Taking a look at some Sega Saturn demo of late, the presentation in them really was second to none, needed the footage and the music for use in a later video, so these are uncommentated video.

Here's the presentation from the first and last Sega Flash volumes demo, such quality that we will never see again, as this type of demo is now long gone:

Comment

I have an entire set of all Japanese Magazine Saturn demo discs and the complete Saturn Flash too. Its funny because the last few discs feature Dreamcast stuff in Mpeg Video format. Really cool too because it'S early footage. One day I should do a feature on these discs.

Comment

I have an entire set of all Japanese Magazine Saturn demo discs and the complete Saturn Flash too. Its funny because the last few discs feature Dreamcast stuff in Mpeg Video format. Really cool too because it'S early footage. One day I should do a feature on these discs.
                        Nice, I'd love to get hold of some of the Japanese demos, seems like they did a lot more games, would be great to see a video on it as some point. Got quite a lot in the works at the moment including a GC HDMI review. We have a video on Hat Trick Hero S tomorrow on Saturn.

In comparison to the awesome Japanese demos, here is one of the USA ones presentation really is naff.

Comment

Nice, I'd love to get hold of some of the Japanese demos, seems like they did a lot more games, would be great to see a video on it as some point. Got quite a lot in the works at the moment including a GC HDMI review. We have a video on Hat Trick Hero S tomorrow on Saturn.

In comparison to the awesome Japanese demos, here is one of the USA ones presentation really is naff.
                          Never liked the US adds of the 90s. All the 'tude crap was not appealing at all.

Comment

Never liked the US adds of the 90s. All the 'tude crap was not appealing at all.
                            A lot of things I didn't like, about the US marketing, the heavy handed box art was awful as well.

So got a mix of videos this last week, looks at Hat Trick Hero & Capcom vs. SNK 2, longplay and commentated videos:

Hat Trick Hero

Capcom vs. SNK 2 Gamecube (commentary)

Capcom vs. SNK 2 Gamecube (gameplay)

Comment

Full longplay of Final Fight One on GBA this week, one of the better home ports out there:

Also a look at the rather obscure drive game Smashing Drive:

Comment

So with the UK in lockdown we have decided to do a late night live stream at 9:30pm every week day UK time. Here's the fight night one from Friday:

Here's a quick gameplay look at the 2002 Micro Machines, which was done by Infogrames who got the license rights to the series it seems. despite Codemasters have such a good run with it Was largely only released in PAL.

Comment

Working...
                                X