No announcement yet.

Randomised Gaming Retro Videos & Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right this board needs a shot in the arm, so how about we discuss a all new Mega Drive game due for release in 2020, Early build, but looks impressive at this stage and play well, tight controls etc.. One to watch.

Also for the 2000 subscribers milestone we covered the legendary Panzer Dragoon on Sega Saturn with a hard playthrough, more content on the game to come over the next few days:

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post

Also for the 2000 subscribers milestone we covered the legendary Panzer Dragoon on Sega Saturn with a hard playthrough, more content on the game to come over the next few days:

The best game ever made

Comment

Least video is on the PC this time for Blade Runner, which is finally playable on PC thanks to ScummVM. Made a big splash on release, but I think got a bit forgotten over time due to no releases. Really updated the genre with a lot of modern mechanic, that companies like Telltale games would later use:

Comment

Two videos for you all today we had our Halloween one with some gameplay of Zombies ate my Neighbors

The other is a look at Yoshi Cookie on SNES:

Comment

Zombies ate my Neighbors
            I remember loving everything about this game back in the day. Had a lot of fun going through it with friends. Much better than the disappointing sequel[Ghoul Patrol].

Comment

Couple of new videos this past week, including our first look at an Atari Lynx title.

Blue Lightning for Atari Lynx, hugely impressive looking handheld title

Super Strike Eagle on SNES which is perhaps one of the best looking mode 7 games on the system

Finally some gameplay for the PC version of Command & Conquer Red Alert on modern system and still plays and looks great, roll on the remaster.
              Last edited by S3M; 17-11-2019, 21:17.

Comment

Blue Lightning for Atari Lynx, hugely impressive looking handheld title

Super Strike Eagle on SNES which is perhaps one of the best looking mode 7 games on the system
                Blue Lightning is a really good game that shows off the hardware.. I'd forgot about Super Striker Eagle, but remember not enjoying it much, despite the fancy graphics.

Warbirds on the Lynx beats both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                  Blue Lightning is a really good game that shows off the hardware.. I'd forgot about Super Striker Eagle, but remember not enjoying it much, despite the fancy graphics.

I played Warbirds some years back and it is indeed a great game, so need to grab a copy. The more surprsing thing is the fact that Blue Lightning got a sequel on the Atari Jaguar CD, that's one game I doubt I will ever play.

Comment

Blue Lightning got a sequel on the Atari Jaguar CD, that's one game I doubt I will ever play.
                    I read that the 'Project Tempest' emulator can run Jaguar CD games. I might give it a go.

Comment

I still have my Lynx an ace system . Blue lighting is fab

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        I still have my Lynx an ace system . Blue lighting is fab
                        I bought a Lynx II with a modern screen a few years ago -- and I soon became really fond of it. Games like Checkered Flag, Rygar, Road Blasters, Warbirds etc... are still nice looking and fun to play. I ended up buying all the good games, which is around 15. Luckily they were mostly quite cheap.

When people emulate the Lynx though, the graphics look terrible. You really need to see games on the small screen. Shadow of the Beast looks really nice.

Comment

When people emulate the Lynx though, the graphics look terrible. You really need to see games on the small screen. Shadow of the Beast looks really nice.
                          Really it's about emulating them right and using the correct aspect ratio, which most video makers don't do.

As new video and one that speaks for itself, also one that really raises the question why buying sealed games isn't always a good idea.

Comment

Really it's about emulating them right and using the correct aspect ratio, which most video makers don't do.
                            Your video is better than others I've seen, but there's something about Lynx graphics that leads to them looking severely blocky under emulation on a larger(well much larger than the original screen) screen. My Lynx has a modern really clear screen, but the games still look nice because the screen is so small. Also, I can turn on 'scanlines' on my Lynx, which also helps.

Game Boy games tend to look fine blown up on a much larger screen. I think that's down to how GB graphics are drawn.

Comment

Game Boy games tend to look fine blown up on a much larger screen. I think that's down to how GB graphics are drawn.
                              Probably more to do with just how low resolution the Lynx is. The Gameboy doesn’t have a particularly high resolution at 160 x 144 but the Lynx is even worse at 160 x 104. Displaying a Gameboy screen on a modern TV using 4:3 aspect ratio and borders at the sides, those chunky pixels aren’t blown up as much as the lower Lynx resolution that is closer to widescreen aspect ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                                The Gameboy doesn’t have a particularly high resolution at 160 x 144 but the Lynx is even worse at 160 x 104.
                                Yeah, the Lynx resolution is really low. And games already look quite blocky on the small screen. I've noticed that Lynx games always look like block fests when emulated.

Comment

Working...
                                X