Randomised Gaming Retro Videos & Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of video on the channel of late

Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter Survival playthrough on Saturn, just wish all arcade ports had been this perfect on Saturn.

Here's one of last weeks weekday streams, which the team has been doing at 9;30pm, to help with the whole lockdown:

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
      Lots of video on the channel of late

Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter Survival playthrough on Saturn, just wish all arcade ports had been this perfect on Saturn.

Here's one of last weeks weekday streams, which the team has been doing at 9;30pm, to help with the whole lockdown:
      Keep up the great work. Marvel is amazing

Comment

As always lots of new videos on the channel, gameplay of Astro Boy on GBA which has become a bit of a lost gem on the Game Boy Advance as few people talk about it it. Despite the fact I would say it's the best GBA game Treasure did.

Also got a major hardware review coming tonight as we look at a Gamecube HDMI converter in this case a one made by Kaico, It also includes a bit on SWISS which can force just about any game into 480p or 576p. That means that you can force almost every Gamecube PAL game into 60Hz and progressive scan.

Comment

As always lots of new videos on the channel, gameplay of Astro Boy on GBA which has become a bit of a lost gem on the Game Boy Advance as few people talk about it it. Despite the fact I would say it's the best GBA game Treasure did.

Also got a major hardware review coming tonight as we look at a Gamecube HDMI converter in this case a one made by Kaico, It also includes a bit on SWISS which can force just about any game into 480p or 576p. That means that you can force almost every Gamecube PAL game into 60Hz and progressive scan.

Astro Boy on the GBA is a very good game. Slowdown and has over pixilated sprites but still a great little action game.

Comment

Are these available yet?

EDIT: I see the Amazon listing says "unavailable"; how much are they when they're on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              Are these available yet?

EDIT: I see the Amazon listing says "unavailable"; how much are they when they're on sale?
              Yes they are, but COVID19 has limited supply at the moment, we've been told Kaico Amazon store will be restocked first. Prices are detailed on Kaico website it's in the cheaper bracket at under hundred: https://kaicolabs.com/

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
              Astro Boy on the GBA is a very good game. Slowdown and has over pixilated sprites but still a great little action game.
              Yeah they were using sprite scaling on some of the smaller sprites for some of the better enemies, likely to save memory. Glad to see at least one other of us has played it.

Comment

Yes they are, but COVID19 has limited supply at the moment, we've been told Kaico Amazon store will be restocked first. Prices are detailed on Kaico website it's in the cheaper bracket at under hundred: https://kaicolabs.com/
                Wow, at £55 I'm totally there for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  Wow, at £55 I'm totally there for that.
                  If you do plan on getting one I high suggest looking into the homebrew software SWISS

Comment

I’ve found a brilliant Youtube channel devoted to reviewing Gameboy games:

Really interesting historical context to many of the reviews and some nice obscure/niche titles covered as well as the big hitters. I’ve finally found out how to play that Yakuman title that found home on so many of those “32 in 1” pirate carts!
                    Last edited by samanosuke; 03-06-2020, 08:38.

Comment

Originally posted by samanosuke View Post
                      I’ve found a brilliant Youtube channel devoted to reviewing Gameboy games:

Really interesting historical context to many of the reviews and some nice obscure/niche titles covered as well as the big hitters. I’ve finally found out how to play that Yakuman title that found home on so many of those “32 in 1” pirate carts!
                      Nice. I'll have to check that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        Yeah, it's like a classic Konami game from the SNES era. Such a great gem for the GBA.

Comment

Got a lot of content on the channel last month, as we've being stream every week day night.

Couple of videos include a playthrough of Astra Superstars, great Dragon Ball style fighter from Sunsoft:

Also trying our hand at forcing PS1 PAL games into 60Hz, early results say it's a bit of a mixed bag, but here's the PAL version of Lemmings at 60Hz.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W9bjpfTdL0

Finally the live stream videos are going strong where we play a different game each night, with a chat about it. Here's one of the more popular ones from last week:
                          Last edited by S3M; 21-06-2020, 22:48.

Comment

Virtual Hydlide still makes me laugh. It's always looked so clunky and stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                              Virtual Hydlide still makes me laugh. It's always looked so clunky and stupid.
                              Yeah it is a laugh a minute, terrible game, but one of those so bad it's good games

Haven't posted in a while been really busy, but lots of new content on the blog and channel.

Really interesting one is this shmup PSYTH, that is hidden on Tokimeki Memorial ~Forever With You~ very little on it, but a very impressive 2D mini-game shooter with a really indebt scoring system. Need to add it to that Saturn shmup list thread I did awhile back.

We also did a playthrough of the new Panzer Dragoon remake and yeah it's just not great, missing a lot from the original version. Very quick to finish as well, Saturn version still a better title.

Not sure how many retro wrestling fans we have on here but, Blazing Tornado is one of the Saturn games that is still very cheap and a solid arcade title. Remix soundtrack from this version is great to listen too.

Plenty of other stuff too, trying to get more people aware of the fact that the PS4 Virtual On collection still hasn't has a western release. All the arcade games in the series in one bundle and still not available:
                              Right, that trailer looks lovely doesn’t it? Three arcade perfect ports of all the Virtual-On arcade games in one shiny 4k PlayStation 4 package. Trouble is, it was released in Japan almost a year ago now and we still haven’t had one word of a possible release date in Europe or North America yet. Seeing as both SEGA of Europe and America failed to release the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of the original Virtual On Cyber Troopers and Virtua Striker, gonna be honest it’s not looking good. SEGA have a long history of not releasing their Japanese games in the west. Their failure to do so has steadily damaged their brand and image over the years, hugely reducing their audience size as players become unaware of their games. With many gamers now born after SEGA’s console glory days, they need to keep on top of their historical gaming library to keep awareness of it as much as possible. How long must we wait to see this? So not re-releasing collections of classic SEGA titles makes them look either incompetent, lazy or just don’t care. Maybe all the Staff currently working in their western branches have never played or heard of Virtual-On? More realistic and if I put on my industry experience hat on, could well be SEGA don’t want to fork out for the translation costs as they feel it won’t sell that well in the west. Trouble is even that’s a really bad argument. As with the PlayStation 5 just around the corner, if you release on the PlayStation 4 now and have it set up to run on the PlayStation 5. Then you have an evergreen collection of the three Virtual-On arcade games for the lifespan of the PS4 & PS5. So you won’t need to look at releasing again until the PS6 hits. Smart developers and publishers are also aware that you have a captive audience right at the start of a new console generation. Making it the perfect time to release new IPs or update and re-release old ones. Around a price point of £15-20 and I’d say you can’t go wrong. Atlus 2020 re-release of the SEGA Saturn classic Princess Crown on PlayStation 4 is also in the same boat right now and as SEGA now own Atlus! Well you know how this story goes… OH SEGA! Why do you do this to yourself… Even SEGA’s Mega Drive library collections have been underwhelming, every time they stick about 50 games on it and leave it there. Often we get stuck with the same turkey’s in the collection time after time too, like Altered Beast. While high quality later Mega Drive titles like The Ooze and the Japanese only Pepenga Pengo are often totally ignored. Really SEGA need to re-release every SEGA Mega Drive / Genesis game they every did (legal issues allowing) on one of these MD collections or split it over a couple of packs if needed or even sell them singly, at say a £1-2 price point each. Yes that is Sonic hiding in the crowd at the back of the box artwork for Pepenga Pengo Certainly SEGA have missed a trick by not doing an open Mega Drive emulator software game, that would allow other developers like Electronic Art, Capcom, Namco to also release their old Mega Drive games on it as separate downloads to plug into the main game. Which would then allow SEGA to re-release just about every Mega Drive game on Modern systems. Bar all those old license sports games that would be a legal nightmare to re-release and many were just awful in the first place. Yes, Altered Beast should be re-issued every time, but not at the expense of better titles, fans just want them all. Doing this SEGA could well find some of their classic games and character gain a whole new legion of fans. That’s not even talking about where are the Master System, Game Gear, Mega CD, 32X SEGA Saturn and Dreamcast retro collections or re-releases. So if like us here at the Randomised Gaming team, you want to see the Virtual-On Masterpiece Collection get a release in the west on PlayStation 4 along with Princess Crown. You are going to have to shout about it. So reblog and like this post and get tweeting, chatting on forums etc.. as the old saying goes if you don’t ask you don’t get! Let’s go with #VirtualOnGoWest & #PrincessCrownGoWest as hash tags and see how many western Virtual-On fans are out there and Princess Crown ones who want these collections released here. Feature by Random Gamer Riven. Twitter: RDGamerRiven E.mail: [email protected] Follow Randomised Gaming on Tumblr, for video game, art, reviews, features, videos and more. You can also find us on twitter and subscribe to us on YouTube for even more gaming content!

Last edited by S3M; 10-10-2020, 15:49.

Comment

Wow, ever knew about PSYTH. Means I should now try to find it on Tokimeki Memorial ~Forever With You.

Comment

Working...
                                X