No announcement yet.

Randomised Gaming Retro Videos & Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sonic The Fighters this week, always wondered what a Saturn port would have looked like:

Comment

Originally posted by S3M View Post
      Sonic The Fighters this week, always wondered what a Saturn port would have looked like:
      Very much like how the characters and stage in Fighters Megamix looked like. Infact I bet that's why the Saturn port was dropped, that and the game was quite crap too

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
        Very much like how the characters and stage in Fighters Megamix looked like. Infact I bet that's why the Saturn port was dropped, that and the game was quite crap too
        Yeah; agreed. It'd have looked like if you put Bean and Bark on that stage, so actually not too bad a replica. However, it would've been a bad game because the source material is bad. I craved playing this at the time, and was so disappointed when I got to try it years later.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          Yeah; agreed. It'd have looked like if you put Bean and Bark on that stage, so actually not too bad a replica. However, it would've been a bad game because the source material is bad. I craved playing this at the time, and was so disappointed when I got to try it years later.
          Yeah it's pretty terrible as a fighter fun, but more as just a joke muck around. The 360 version was nice with the fact they added in Honey from Fighting Vipers, previously an unfinished character in the arcade version.

Also covered Probotector II the PAL version of Super Contra:

Comment

So Randomised Gaming has upgraded to an OSSC for RGB Scart console, have two new videos a Saturn ossc test and a new capture of Astro Go! Go! using it.

Comment

a new capture of Astro Go! Go! using it.
              One of few Super Famicom boxed games that I own. I know it's always had a bad rep, but I really like it. There's something about the neon kaleidoscope graphics that really grabs me. It's a bit fiddly to play, but you can get used to it.

Comment

New video up this time showing X-Men vs. Street Fighter using an OSSC, last one we did was with out old scaler. The OSSC is a bit troublesome to capture to but the end results speak for themselves:

Comment

Giving the OSSC a good look with the Super Nintendo with a huge game comparison look, to see how it scales various games and the Super Gameboy 2

Comment

Couple of new retro videos on the channel over the past two weeks:

Cyber Speedway / Gran Chaser on Saturn

Gunhound EX on PSP now the only way to play this great mech run and gun since it got removed from steam

Finally Overboard! one of the many forgotten PS1 games, but a great little pirate ship shooter

Comment

I've nit watched the videos yet since I'm in work but I guess you know about the many differences between the Japanese and western Gran Chacer. Such as cut story mode, different music I beleive in some cases and wasn't some art also changed? My mind is kind of fuzzy.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                        I've nit watched the videos yet since I'm in work but I guess you know about the many differences between the Japanese and western Gran Chacer. Such as cut story mode, different music I beleive in some cases and wasn't some art also changed? My mind is kind of fuzzy.
                        I have both The story mode is there, but the new rock music is awesome stuff from Spencer Nilsen and his team at SOA. I quite liked the game at the time too.
                        Last edited by Team Andromeda; 11-06-2019, 07:54.

Comment

I've nit watched the videos yet since I'm in work but I guess you know about the many differences between the Japanese and western Gran Chacer. Such as cut story mode, different music I believe in some cases and wasn't some art also changed? My mind is kind of fuzzy.
                          There a few changes we weren't that aware of them until we did the video as we recently got a Japanese copy. Read the video description for full details. Soundtrack was only changed in the USA version PAL release uses the Japanese OST thankfully, (USA OST by Bygone Dogs is so out of place with the game).

They changed the general's art so he no longer drinks wine, despite showing it in the manual. Story mode had some flow changes, in the English version it is all voiced over. However they cut some dialogue with you and the general before each race starts. In the Japanese version it is a mixture of text and voice acting. They also removed the lips speaking animation in the English version for some odd reason.

The ideas behind it is good, but the game just looks so rushed and unfinished

Surprised none of the shooter chaps here have play Overboard! as it's a real gem on PS1.

Comment

There a few changes we weren't that aware of them until we did the video as we recently got a Japanese copy. Read the video description for full details. Soundtrack was only changed in the USA version PAL release uses the Japanese OST thankfully, (USA OST by Bygone Dogs is so out of place with the game).

They changed the general's art so he no longer drinks wine, despite showing it in the manual. Story mode had some flow changes, in the English version it is all voiced over. However they cut some dialogue with you and the general before each race starts. In the Japanese version it is a mixture of text and voice acting. They also removed the lips speaking animation in the English version for some odd reason.

The ideas behind it is good, but the game just looks so rushed and unfinished

Surprised none of the shooter chaps here have play Overboard! as it's a real gem on PS1.
                            I once posted images of an early build of Gran Chacer. It looked quite different. I'll see if I can dig them up.

Comment

I once posted images of an early build of Gran Chacer. It looked quite different. I'll see if I can dig them up.
                              A lot of the early Saturn games looked quite different, in the end. I still got the flyer that came with the launch system in Japan and Shinobi X not only looks vastly different but much better too. Battle Monsters was changed quite a bit too ... I know it gets hate, but I quite like it, so did a few of my mates, we drunk at the time mind LOL.

I also liked Gran Chaser at the time. It was a nice game and after Daytona USA, it was nice to see a full frame Saturn driving game running at 30 fps for the most part and with a 2 player mode too. It quite a shame, SEGA never made a sequel and sorry S3M I really liked the music to the USA version. Yes it didn't really match the gameplay, but it sounded ace at the time (1995)

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                A lot of the early Saturn games looked quite different, in the end. I still got the flyer that came with the launch system in Japan and Shinobi X not only looks vastly different but much better too. Battle Monsters was changed quite a bit too ... I know it gets hate, but I quite like it, so did a few of my mates, we drunk at the time mind LOL.

I also liked Gran Chaser at the time. It was a nice game and after Daytona USA, it was nice to see a full frame Saturn driving game running at 30 fps for the most part and with a 2 player mode too. It quite a shame, SEGA never made a sequel and sorry S3M I really liked the music to the USA version. Yes it didn't really match the gameplay, but it sounded ace at the time (1995)
                                I remember the early shots of Saturn Shinobi. Two in particular. One on a mountain and one with massive budda statues. It also had a different hud.
                                I have actual video footage of the early Battle Monsters. It's called Van Battle.

Comment

Working...
                                X