MCU: Daredevil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently leaked final costume poster

Dont like it but need to see him in action. The pilot is getting decent attention, some mention of grittier more violent than Sheild. . . .

Comment

I'm keeping my expectations low for this, hopefully it's decent but the mainstay of all Marvel TV is Agents of Shield and they just can't get that to fully click so I'm not sure this will tick the boxes as much as it needs too.

Marvel has hampered itself by extending the MCU to TV. DC is free to use elements and freely adapt them for the small screen but with Marvel, the TV stuff so far ends up feeling easily dismissed as unimportant to the bigger picture and a bit of a batgain bucket of elements they don't feel strong enough to warrant inclusion in the films

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        Marvel has hampered itself by extending the MCU to TV. DC is free to use elements and freely adapt them for the small screen but with Marvel, the TV stuff so far ends up feeling easily dismissed as unimportant to the bigger picture and a bit of a batgain bucket of elements they don't feel strong enough to warrant inclusion in the films
        I kinda think this too. I've never watched Agents of Shield, as it primarily stars a character who's "dead".

It's hard to explain, but the series just doesn't seem to "matter" to me. Maybe it'll change if I hear those characters are going to show up in Iron Man 4, but I don't feel that they will.

Comment

Agents of shield lost its way a while ago, it's just not great television even if it wasn't part of the marvel universe but even at the start it wasn't that great

Agent Carter was much better

So far the Netflix exclusive stuff has all been pretty much decent with high production values so gonna give it a shot

Comment

Just polished off the first 2 episodes, the first was ok but the 2nd one was better. Not enough to get me hooked though. I like the character of Daredevil and the actor playing him is serviceable enough, I just dont think superhero characters work in TV, cant think of one comic book character on the small screen that I ever really enjoyed. All I can come up with was the Warner brother DC animated universe but in terms of live action . . . . . I demand more in the SFX and action dept.

The fighting in the 2nd episode was decent, a little too grounded for my liking but after seeing the crazy stuff in Banshee I just think this regular stuff is like comparing tellytubbies ffs

Comment

More intrigued as to how they do the kingpin. Prefer when they do him as posh/overconfident as opposed to the giant fat thug direction he's took over recent years.

Comment

I have to say that I like the style of the opening sequence.

Comment

Woah, I tuned out after 2 episodes but my mate convinced me to check out 3 and 4 and it really ramps up the violence and dark mood. Still dont care about the overall plot (what little they've revealed anyway) but good to see this get full adult treatment most of the swear words there bar F and C. Wish all Marvel could get suitable treatment instead of being aimed at everyone to maximise sales but thats the nature of these things I guess. This is a million miles away from Shield, I can see Ghost Rider and Blade getting this treatment too.

Comment

If this does well the makers have been keen to try and use it to leverage a Punisher series out of Marvel. Would be interesting to see how far Marvel wants to push the more mature end of the market

Comment

Watched Episodes two and three this evening.

The end of three was brutal!

I'm liking it except for Murdock's haircut. Looks a bit comb overy.

Comment

I finished it yesterday thought it was pretty bloody good overall, certainly plenty left over for series 2 whilst leaving a satisfying end to the first season. Not 100% convinced on the final costume or the acting of Cox whilst he was the Devil but Kingpin was immense.

Comment

Saw first few episodes. There was a bit in episode 2 where it was clear that they'd watched The Dark Knight many times; his voice even sounded the same as he was tryign to get a guy to spill the beans. I like it though.

Comment

I have only watched the first episode so far. Not fantastic on its own to have me declaring it great but not bad enough to stop me watching the next one. Really don't like his sidekick though.

Comment

Second episode quite a bit better mate.

Comment

Less than two weeks after its premiere, Netflix has officially announced that “Marvel’s Daredevil” has been renewed for a second season to air in 2016. Charlie Cox (Matt Murdock/Daredevil), Vincent D’Onofrio (Wilson ‘Kingpin’ Fisk), Deborah Ann Woll and the other primary cast are all slated to return. Behind the scenes though there’s been a change […]

Season 2 greenlit

Comment

Working...
                                X