Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by punio75 View Post
    I didn't!
    It was Christmas, couldn't be arsed to moan- was miffed tho!
    Yeah, I forgot all about it at the time.
    Annoying thing is, I could have pre-ordered elsewhere for at least a fiver less..

Comment

Two notes from playing this atm both on WiiU in co-op with the two eldest kids and also on Switch solo:

01 - The speed increase in the Switch version improves the game

02 - The game is absolute the top tier of 2D/handheld Mario entries... but very heavily behind the quality of the big 3D adventures.

Comment

The Bowser car battles are a bizarre choice. What's up with those?

Comment

Got Champion's Road done last night (not without it kicking my arse, obvs).

The increase in character speed seems to have made it harder on Switch than it was on Wii U, IMO.

Complete all-star/all-stamp/all-gold goal pole run with Mario means I have 4 shiny stars on my save file. Cannot be arsed to play through it again with Luigi/Peach/Toad/Rosalina (unless people are up for a crazy multiplayer session?) so going to have a small break from it before starting Bowser's Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
            Got Champion's Road done last night (not without it kicking my arse, obvs).

The increase in character speed seems to have made it harder on Switch than it was on Wii U, IMO.

Complete all-star/all-stamp/all-gold goal pole run with Mario means I have 4 shiny stars on my save file. Cannot be arsed to play through it again with Luigi/Peach/Toad/Rosalina (unless people are up for a crazy multiplayer session?) so going to have a small break from it before starting Bowser's Fury.
            Never did 100% the WiiU version.
            I'm playing through it slowly, all-star/stamping each level before I go to the next. It'll take me a while. Enjoying it a lot again.

Comment

Originally posted by Budge74 View Post
              Never did 100% the WiiU version.
              I'm playing through it slowly, all-star/stamping each level before I go to the next. It'll take me a while. Enjoying it a lot again.
              Still won't be 100% (full five-star save file and all the stamps) unless every level is completed with ALL characters!

Multiplayer can get around that, but I can't be bothered at this moment in time.

Comment

Is there a way to tell which levels have been completed with which character? so far i have mainly used peach for all of them but it would be good to see. Gotten as far as half way through the 3rd secret world it was a nice surprise after completing the game that these extra worlds opened up. Have loved it so far but there are times where the controls seem clunky especially with running, far too many times i have built up a run and then changing directions makes my character go suicidal and leap to their death off a platform. Or where your trying to let go of a wall in the cat suit in an auto scroller and the damn thing just grabs back again time and time again as you frantically to to get off. But i guess i'm too accustomed to mario's more acrobatic controls where he can basically do whatever he likes to navigate 3D worlds like odyssey so having a bit more of a restricted control style in 3D world means they feel a bit clunky to me.

Comment

Yep, it's the 8-way directional controls. If it weren't for Sunshine's scatty imprecision it'd be the worst controlling of the mainline Mario's. Mostly levels feel designed around it but there's a few times you feel crippled by the restricted movement

Comment

[MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION] Once you've finished the first eight worlds (or is it once you get to world crown?), the map/stamp/level checklist sub-screen should tell you which characters you've completed which levels with, and you should also be able to see it on the map when you walk to each course on each map - the speech bubble should have the necessary info (characters, green stars, gold goal pole, etc.)

Comment

Ah great so there is some form of checklist, that will be handy to keep track. Now the question is do i cheat and have a 4 player multiplayer game but just play with one player till the end or just go through with each character singly hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                        Ah great so there is some form of checklist, that will be handy to keep track. Now the question is do i cheat and have a 4 player multiplayer game but just play with one player till the end or just go through with each character singly hehe.
                        The former would appear to be the most efficient way of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          Knowing your time-travelling exploits in Animal Crossing, dude, I suspect you are naturally inclined to the former.

Comment

I'm struggling to get into this. Never played it before but it seems so sickly sweet - even by Mario standards - and something's just not clicking for me. Maybe the worlds work better in multiplayer, but I couldn't find even a single random soul online last night.
                            Last edited by Golgo; 16-03-2021, 13:28.

Comment

Working...
                            X