Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Man's Sky from Hello Games (HAS to be seen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its insane the amount of free content they have just given away over the years stuff that other companies would be flogging full whack for with each update. Still incredible how they got it running better on the switch than it did on my base ps4, texture load in is way faster however the switch version is a little blurry around the edges but i'll take it, looks so good on next gen machines i can only imagine how good it looks now in VR with sonys latest headset.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
      Its insane the amount of free content they have just given away over the years stuff that other companies would be flogging full whack for with each update.
      Although it's good they continued support, it's important to remember that the game was enormously successful right out of the gate. Like, they had their projections, and their optimistic projectjons... And the game made an order of magnitude more money than that. They made an indie title that Sony "adopted" as one of the PS4's early games and catapulted it into the stratosphere. And the game has continued to sell due to those updates.

For most games, if they were able to promise features that straight up weren't there at launch to get that sales pattern, they would also continue support long after release. But most simply can't do that.

Comment

I'd quite like to get this again on PC, but every time I think of it, I remember how slow it is to get any progress and how disjointed all the different elements are. It's got an absolute wealth of material and stuff to do, but none of it comes together.
        I can investigate derelict ships, and I can base build, and I can have a colony... But none of it joins together.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          I'd quite like to get this again on PC, but every time I think of it, I remember how slow it is to get any progress and how disjointed all the different elements are. It's got an absolute wealth of material and stuff to do, but none of it comes together.
          I can investigate derelict ships, and I can base build, and I can have a colony... But none of it joins together.
          As someone who's restarted a few times, they've definitely changed the on boarding, you can either follow the branching tutorial quests to unlock everything and learn how to use it, or just jump straight the nexus and buy it all with the various currencies then head back to the 3 main quests.

I did buy the steam version last night as it was going for £25, i have it for gamepass but who knows how long it'll be there and there's also probably differences in modding it. I when to nexus-mods and there are tons for mods for performance and variety fixes, i've decide to keep it simple with just a increase to rewards, more currency for finding stuff and completing guild quests, decided for now to leave the increased salvage drops mod, so i'll make go exploring more (i'm sure i'll change my mind once i need frigate salvage), just want to cut down some of the mine, process, sell grind to get the millions need for B to S class ships.

Comment

I really like the upgrade stations both for multi tools & ships that if you find one that you like you can make it S rank if you put the work in instead of finding a crappy looking s rank ship or gun and having to make do. The hard part of these newer updates is figuring how the hell to find the new content as it's not always easily signposted lol.

Comment

Yeah Modding is why I'd want it on Steam. I'm sure there are some cool ones.
              I put in about 200 hours on the PlayStation, so I can't say I didn't enjoy it. But I think it needs more of a hook.

Comment

Comment

Huge update out of nowhere, 'updated space combat' whatever that means and biggest new feature Fleet on Fleet battles and trench running large ships, and 'little' stuff like a new story, new robot race, a staff multi tool.

If it wasn't for AC6 and BRC i'd be diving in right now before Starfield hits... new make time for it.

if you want to read about it https://www.nomanssky.com/echoes-update/

Comment

I'm pretty sure they are trying to ride the Starfield hype train.
                    And 50% off on all platforms is a good tactic too!

Comment

The Bethesda jank videos for starfield are bound to cause the NMS launch videos and associated comical promise Vs reality videos to re-emerge so showing they are STILL updating it is a good move.

Comment

Working...
                      X