Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Man's Sky from Hello Games (HAS to be seen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
    I'm still skeptical about it. It looks impressive for these short bursts, but I wonder how long the game can keep itself up. Even games with predetermined systems/planets had troubles keeping things interesting, I wonder how a procedurally generated galaxy will differentiate things aside from graphics. I'd also like to see more about player-to-player interactions, that could be the real gist of the game.
    By the sounds of it there won't be a multiplayer. Unless I read that wrong, but the guy said your so far apart it's not likely people will even visit the same plannets.

Maybe multiplayer will be bolted on later?

Comment

But the whole game is thought as a huge multiplayer universe. I think that it will start as an exploration game, with players trying to name as many things as they can, but after the initial phase players will condense around systems that allow the most interactions through commerce or battle. And I really want to see how players interact apart from naming discoveries and blasting each other.

Comment

I want to be wrong but I predict a technical marvel that holds interest for a couple of hours and then becomes boring. Totally different game type but I have the same concerns with Sui Generis.

Comment

I think many people have the same reservations about the game. I've been playing Elite Dangerous which is very simplistic but kind of compelling, however I always feel like it would be better if you could go down to planets.

Comment

I can see myself firing it up for an hour to go to a new system, check out a few planets, upload the data, and turn it off again.
            It would be sweet if we could have a "forum system" where we name a planet after each member who plays it

Also I've noticed all physical pre-orders have disappeared from my usual websites.

Comment

No Man's Sky preorders start tomorrow in the US and it's a full priced $60 game

Comment

**** that then. I'll wait for it to be on sale.

Comment

Comment

Given the scope and spectacle we were all expecting/hoping for, why are people shocked? Were we at any point told it was a budget title?

Comment

You're right, there was nothing saying that. But $60 = CDN$80 and I am not paying that for any game. I did have it as a physical pre-order from Amazon with 30% off but cancelled in favour of digital. Then the physical pre-orders seemed to disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                        Given the scope and spectacle we were all expecting/hoping for, why are people shocked? Were we at any point told it was a budget title?
                        QFT!!

Comment

Pre-orders available on Steam for this now at ?39.99.

I think I'll be going for the PC version over PS4.

Comment

I'll be getting this on ps4. After my recent, and very short, toe dip into Elite dangerous, I really want something of this scale and scope but with more friendly controls and a bit more colour.

Comment

PS4 for me, but I'll have to wait until it drops digitally. Too many WiiU games coming out already.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X