Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Man's Sky from Hello Games (HAS to be seen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still don't have an exocraft so I doubt I'll ever get one of these living ships.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
      I still don't have an exocraft so I doubt I'll ever get one of these living ships.
      You'll get there. I can always give you some cash if you need a boost.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        You'll get there. I can always give you some cash if you need a boost.
        I've been playing for about 70 hours and still haven't seen the mission to unlock them. I've been cobalt flipping so I've got about 200mil which does me really. My ship is decked out too. Just need a damn exocraft.

Comment

I've been playing for about 70 hours and still haven't seen the mission to unlock them. I've been cobalt flipping so I've got about 200mil which does me really. My ship is decked out too. Just need a damn exocraft.
          If my memory is correct the exocraft stuff won’t unlock till you have built the workstations in your base and have an appropriate person manning it. Like building a science terminal then hiring someone off a station to come to your base. Think there is a terminal you can build in your base related to exocraft stuff it’s the missions that they give you that eventually reward you with the ability to get the blueprints to make exocraft launch pods. I was over 100 hours in before I even figured it out, a lot in this game isn’t explained well. Have a look through your base building parts for those terminals then find people to man them and follow the quests they give. Currently at 163 hours, for less than £20 it’s been a super bargain in content.

Originally posted by kryss View Post
          We should meet up in VR sometime.
          I don’t have ps+ so I can’t play that part of the game unfortunately but if you want to visit my world I can post my portal address, my world has a portal on so my base isn’t far from it. Have a lot of bio domes full of everything growable for harvest.

Comment

That's a shame dude, although I've not been back since I left since I moved to a new galaxy.

Like Importaku said: build a planetary base and the exocraft workstation (remember to include a teleporter), find a Vykeen system and find the workstation attendant on the orbital station. Then recruit them and complete various quests for them to unlock bits and bobs.

Comment

On and off I've been doing workstation quests. The problem/fun of this game is the ease of getting sidetracked. I'm sure I'll get there in the end.
              It 100% needs some explororation updates. I appreciate the extra stuff, but the planets and weather needs a big update.

Comment

Came back to this one seeing the recent mecha update, game has changed alot since i last played in 2018. Taken me few hours to just adjust the menu/UI changes, recover my Frigate and make start on redoing the home base on a bountiful planet, which now requires electricity generation. Thankfully the in-game guide is really good now and explains where to go, what quests to take on or what makes what from the countless items collectable. For the current goal to get vehicle stuff, solar panels and batteries made which seems to require alot of salvage plans and nanites to buy blueprint from what seems to be a totally redone anomaly space station, which also seems to act like a multiplayer hub seen in the likes of PSO. Also grateful they greatly increased the maximum stock for inventory slots.

Comment

If you have VR, play it in VR. You will never go back.

Comment

Comment

I love that they keep adding new content... But I want more planetary varieties.

Comment

my last restart petered out after 30 hours (now up to 50+ on the save), for all the extra content added not much actually changed to the core, still seeing the same biomes, buildings and activities, and the co-op mission stuff is absolutely terrible just from a bug and glitch point of view, at best you can use it a glorified chat room to mine some materials.

Hopefully the horror stuff isn't locked behind some sort of grind, or it turns out to just be shooting at those alien eggs sack you find on hazardous buildings.

Comment

I'm still 2 previous updates behind!

Comment

I'm going to give this a go, though for VR, so no idea if it'll run well enough. At least I can refund it if it doesn't.

Comment

Something very weird happened today while i was doing the weekend community event. Ever since the beyond update dropped and the anomoly turned into the nexus i have never seen another human controlled player as i assumed without a playstation online subscription that i'd never see anyone. So for months when i go into the nexus it's always just me in there and when i go down to the community event planet theres never any players although traces of them are there like bases or message pods.

However......

Today when i went into the nexus it juddered to very low frame numbers as a crapload of ships and players all popped into the nexus and the framerate slowly went back up as everything loaded in, lots of human controlled players wandering all over and when i went down to the specific community planet there were loads of players all over too. Has it always been like this??

Has my game save been broken for months or has the nexus been upgraded without me knowing??

It..just...weird.

Comment

The Nexus has been like that for a far while.
                                I've never been to a "community planet" so I can't really comment on that. But QC and I flew around together for a little bit a while back.

Comment

Working...
                                X