Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Man's Sky from Hello Games (HAS to be seen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had another look at this last night in VR after the update - saw the giant Dune like "sandworm" crunch through the landscape which looked great first time I saw it - quickly became apparent it's on a loop doing the exact same thing every time. Scanned a few things, shot my mining tool at a rock. Realised nothing has really changed.

Controlling the ship in VR with the Index controller pretending that you're holding a HOTAS when it's nothing but air really doesn't work for me either. Would prefer to control it with a pad, but I didn't look hard enough to see if this was possible when in VR, so it maybe

Comment

I was at the Anomaly yesterday and found a new starter. I gave him a stack of 50 stews I had made and he thanked me and then wandered off. I caught up with him and directed him to the chef guy by pointing. I could see he was very confused. It's not obvious that stews equal Nanites. For a new starter 5000 nanites will be a big boost. Off he went and then thanked me again.
      Anyway, I love this game for those moments. The community is great.

Comment

A tweet just popped up saying 'Picard emoji'. Picard being Next Gen. Probably teasing a next gen update. Had to happen.
        Id love for portals and teleports to be a matter of seconds. Reducing pop up, increase framerate. Ray Tracing even. It could look stunning if they pushed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
          A tweet just popped up saying 'Picard emoji'. Picard being Next Gen. Probably teasing a next gen update. Had to happen.
          Id love for portals and teleports to be a matter of seconds. Reducing pop up, increase framerate. Ray Tracing even. It could look stunning if they pushed it.
          Does it make it not boring?

I tried to play this on game pass a few months back and after 3 hours I still couldn't see what all the fuss was about... Maybe it's just not my cuppa.

Comment

It's a really nice game to chill to. I think it's awesome. Good with friends too. Looking forward to the PS5 enhancements.

Comment

Definitely a marmite game. I like it, but I also see why people think its boring. It's just a slow game of doing not much.

Comment

More info and detail here about the changes: https://www.nomanssky.com/next-generation-update/

Some Highlights:

Faster Warp Speeds

Bigger Bases

Huge draw distance and detail upgrades, matching Ultra quality on PC

32 player multiplayer

4K60fps for PS5/Xbox Series X

Series S gets a 60fps performance mode or high quality Native Resolution 30fps mode. (No mention of what the "native" resolution is)

Trigger updates for PS5 DualSense controller

Subtle haptic feedback allows you to feel the kick of your Multi-Tool as you blast Sentinels or mine resources, or the satisfying click of slotting a building part into place.

PS5 get "3D Audio"

Xbox One saves are automatically compatible with Next-gen. PS4 players get the option to upload their save in-game where they can download it on PS5

Comment

How do they do it, making me want to return almost every patch. Bravo to them!

Comment

Great news in general for fans, but I have questions...
                    Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                    Series S gets a 60fps performance mode or high quality Native Resolution 30fps mode. (No mention of what the "native" resolution is)
                    Not trying to be a dick here, but is this not exactly what folks have been saying the Series S would absolutely not fall victim to? If the big boys are able to push higher-detailed versions in 4k at 60fps, and the S is not doing 4k, what exactly is it that's holding it back from 60fps?

Devil May Cry 5 SE losing ray tracing on the Series S is a similar story that's got me wondering if devs are either struggling or not bothering with the additional variant.

Comment

That is exactly what I said. The developers will just put out the bear minimum on the seriesS.

Comment

I think you're right. I got a Series S on preorder. As I'm getting a PS5, I think I will benefit from getting Sony content and 3rd party content on that. The Series S will give me GamePass and any MS only content which hopefully will have more effort given to Series S than say third party Devs could be arsed with.

Comment

PS5 version is still PSVR compatible. I know there can't be resolution enhancements because of the hardware, but having a draw ahead distance would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            Great news in general for fans, but I have questions...

Not trying to be a dick here, but is this not exactly what folks have been saying the Series S would absolutely not fall victim to? If the big boys are able to push higher-detailed versions in 4k at 60fps, and the S is not doing 4k, what exactly is it that's holding it back from 60fps?

Devil May Cry 5 SE losing ray tracing on the Series S is a similar story that's got me wondering if devs are either struggling or not bothering with the additional variant.
                            Apparently the APIs for the new unified software development kit aren’t quite where they should be yet so much like with Xbox One games will have some compromises early doors.

Comment

Yet another update out for this. Its added a new game mode 'Community Expedition' along with a host of QOL improvements. Online community events aren't my bag but still Hello Games just keep knocking it out the park.
                              If you are new to this game it's probably pretty intimidating for how much there is.

Comment

I'd love to get back on to do the expedition stuff, but there's so many other games who want my attention.
                                I'll be on the VR again in the summer after I pick up a PS5 (fingers crossed)

Comment

Working...
                                X