Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Man's Sky from Hello Games (HAS to be seen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another big update coming for this week.
    'Origins'
    Rumours say its a long overdue variation patch.

Comment

I sometimes wish this had some kind of arcade mode.
      The VR experience is amazing, but you want the thrill of blasting into space without the 3 hours of mining ore for your mining tool so you have enough mining fuel to mine rocket fuel.

Comment

I sometimes wish I hadn't paid full price for it when it launched on Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          I sometimes wish this had some kind of arcade mode.
          The VR experience is amazing, but you want the thrill of blasting into space without the 3 hours of mining ore for your mining tool so you have enough mining fuel to mine rocket fuel.
          Theres creation mode. That gives you a ship and you can just do whatever.

Comment

(Orange) Origins update notes include:

20 new planatary environments
            Planets with 2 or more combination environments
            More weather effects (lightning ect)
            Gas giants
            Proc generated towns with npc
            Volcanos
            And a sandworm

To name a few. Sounds cool.

Comment

That HelloGames are still supporting this game puts other developers to shame and every time there's an update, for a moment I think maybe this will get me playing again. But the core gameloop mechanics from the inital release never changed, if anything adding more elements increased the burden of progression in some areas and I still find it as frustrating to play.

I guess Sean Murray still feels guilty for misleading people

Comment

PORTAL INTERFERENCE
                •Portal interference for conventional portals has been removed. Players may explore freely.
                •After going through a portal, the return portal will remain active until you leave the planet. Your previous system is added to the list of available destinations at the space station teleporter.

ooh this is a big one, that means we may be able to travel super far through a portal then use that as a jumping point to continue exploring outside of where the portal dropped you off.

Comment

Had a quick go on this.
                  My lunar moon base is now a blue and orange flora rich landscape. Colours are more dense and bright. Seems good so far. I'll check it in VR tonight properly.

Comment

Time to get back in to my 70 hr save from months ago, the variety was badly needed along with planetary large monster aliens.

Comment

Just had a go to make sure it hasn't broken anything thankfully everything seems as it was but my base planet is now (pleasingly) filled with bubbles YAAAY my fave anomaly planet feature and now i get it on my base world. Seems at night all the grass is now bioluminescent so it all ripples & glows in waves it's quite pretty. Also noticed the framerate is substantially better in my home base because i have a lot in there it would move quite slow and a bit juddery as you got into it but now it seems a hell of a lot faster also a lot snappier when on other worlds too. So far i'm linking this new update a lot.

Comment

I might finally buy this when it goes half price again. You guys make it sound lush and karmic!

Comment

after playing around, all that stuff they've added is pretty cool, but... it still doesn't do proper river generation, no waterfalls, no rivers rolling down hills or in the case of this update the massive mountain ranges(at last) is glaringly obvious such feature is missing, maybe next update along with fishing mini game .

My beef with planetary interaction using your spaceship remains (and has since launch), which is barely interactive and poorly controlled. It's about time they redid it entirely.

Comment

I would love for them to let us goto the sentinel home world, I want to see what it’s like. There’s description in the game from logs etc that say it’s all sharp cold glass, I wanna see.

Comment

So my moon base that was a lunar landscape and then became a grassy landscape is now a frozen landscape. What happened??

Comment

Maybe another update affected it? I know there was a 2 gig update that downloaded on my console after I had the big origins one. I assumed it was to bug fix stuff from the origins update. So far the only thing I have found is the sound is very loud I have had to go into the options and lower the music and fx volumes quite a bit to stop my ears from bleeding.

From the patch notes existing planets types shouldn’t change so if it’s acidic it should still be so but the appearance may change. So far my home world still has boiling rainstorms.

Comment

Working...
                                X