The Naked Gun 4 1/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Naked Gun 4 1/4

Ed Helms (“The Hangover,” “Cedar Rapids”) will take over Leslie Nielsen’s character of Frank Drebin in a reboot of “The Naked Gun” comedy franchise at Paramount Pictures. “Reno 911” creators Thomas Lennon and R. Ben Garant will pen the screenplay which will be a new spin on the Drebin character from the 1982 ABC spoof […]

Hangover and Office star Ed Helms will play Drebin in a remake of Naked Gun

There is no replacing Leslie Neilsen as is but Helm is a woefully unsuitable choice either way.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 14-10-2022, 18:21.

Good god has the world gone mad???

Comment

The world went mad ages ago. Anything and anybody is now replaceable and the endless downward spiral is accepted as normal.

I blame the Brady Bunch movie and all you people who still watch remakes.

Comment

F**k me.

Lets drown our sorrows with some a classic moments:-

Comment

Good god, when will this bullsh*t stop? I can't wait for them to remake the Godfather, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket, Citizen Kane etc.

Comment

Eight years of development hell and it turns out that this is still on the cards only now...

Liam Neeson as Detective Frank Drebin? It may happen. Out doing interviews for his new action feature “The Marksman,” actor Liam Neeson has made a surprise revelation – “The Naked Gun” films may be coming back with him starring. Attempts have been made over the years to reboot the film series, but they never went […]

Seth MacFarlane is overseeing it and has approached Liam Neeson for the lead

Comment

I was NOT expecting this.

Surely, now Leslie Nielsen is dead, the franchise is, too?????!!!!!

Surely, it was ALL about Leslie Nielsen???!!!!!!!

That is why I find this news so perplexing. Just rip off the idea about 81% then start a new franchise that feels very familiar to it. But without Leslie Nielsen.

Because he's wormfood, currently, with no sign of coming back right now.

Now Leslie Nielsen's dead, Naked Gun is, too. The entirety of the franchise.

It died with Leslie. RIP, you absolute deadpan ledge!!!!!

Comment

Two things come to mind:

1) I sometimes confused the names of Leslie Nielsen and Liam Neeson when I was young

2) This scene from Life's Too Short:

Comment

I could see Liam Neeson pulling off a good Drebin. Deadpan straight man shouldn’t be a stretch for an actor of his caliber. And I’ve a lot more time for Seth MacFarlane these days after the second series of The Orville which was surprisingly good.

Comment

Is it because they have the same initials?

Comment

See, I don't see it. Pretty much every typical serious actor could deliver comedy lines straight which is exactly how Neeson comes across too. What Neilsen delivered was close to an artform, it's why he elevated even the raft of dirge comedy films he did as well. It's a very specific form of deadpan coupled with comedic presence and timing which is why even though the rest of the Naked Gun cast were delivering the same humour hardly anyone could keep up with Neilsen's delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                        Surely, now Leslie Nielsen is dead, the franchise is, too?????!!!!!

Surely, it was ALL about Leslie Nielsen???!!!!!!!
                        Totally agree. He IS the brand/product/whatever you want to call it.

Comment

I think Liam Neeson could pull it off, he definitely has the chops for it, but to quote that famous scientist, Dr. Ian Malcolm ...

"Yeah, but you were so preoccupied with whether or not you could, you didn't stop to think if you should."

Like so many other films, Naked Gun doesn't need a remake - let it stand on its own.

Comment

I really wish the Zucker, Abrahams and Zucker team would reunite and make a new comedy together like Police Squad, Airplane and Top Secret.

It really doesn't need to be a remake.

The world needs more "silly" at the moment.

Comment

Liam Neeson an interesting choice, I must say. Same initials, almost rhymes.

Sadly, he's already played Hannibal Smith, he's done the reboot thang.

We like Liam but he's not Leslie.

Comment

Working...
                              X