Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    Possibly some tips for finding where you are in the world in my review:

Might get the PS4 version myself. Not played for years.
    Thanks, good review. One of the more positive ones.

If I remember correctly, I don't think the game (playing PS4 version) doesn't give you a clue to where you spawn. I will check later.
    The iZurvive app saves you printing off a map and also gives you a couple of map type options. It also features loot locations. Actually, I think you can make a group in the app with a friend and you can place markers on the map and it will update that to your friend's app. I must check that out.

Oh and there's a web browser version of iZurvive.

Comment

Good stuff. Yeah, stuff probably changed over the years. I remember my Day X buddy and I could work out how to meet up using the sun location, where the sea was in relation to use etc. Proper old school stuff. After a while you get to know the place names etc. too. I had so many adventures in this game. The greatest spontaneous, non-scripted event I've ever seen was as I approached a block of flats:

There were two guys on the roof and below them was, I dunno, at least 50 zombies I reckon. They had hardly any ammo. They looked to be totally screwed. Suddenly I heard something in the distance, turned around and saw a helicopter fly in and rescue them! Personally the best form of transport I ever got working was a military lorry. The effort needed to get a chopper working must have been incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
        The effort needed to get a chopper working must have been incredible.
        Maybe some rich zombies were collecting a takeaway.

Comment

I was hungry and in need of food when I had arrived at tower crane. I thought this is interesting. Maybe a guy had left a chocolate bar or something. It was a risk as maybe the long climb would make me faint, but I took the risk anyway. Huffing and puffing, I had reached a platform at the top. Initially I went white in the face as it looked like there was nothing here and then I saw something. A tin of sardines! Ah, but I was soon losing colour to my face as the action button was failing to consume my prize. Was this it then? I checked through my backpack to see if I could eat the work from the fishing rod when I remembered I had a screwdriver. Highlighting this presented me with a 'Combine' command. OMG. I combined it with the tin of sardines and you know the rest.

Except you don't... with a full belly I proceeded to the ladder, slipped and fell to my death.

Fun game. It's like a box of chocolates...

Comment

This may sound like nothing special in a world where playing with your friends online is a piece of cake. Not in DayZ, guys.

It was a special moment. I finally met up with a friend in the world of DayZ. Now we roll together. We swat in a small village that only has a handful of undead. There's water and farmland surrounding which has the odd few sheep. It's the longest I've survived and it feels special on a Walking Dead level. Probably until we meet some human players, well then it will go off. I'll let you know.

Comment

I remember my first multi-night still alive run back in the day. We'd stayed together for well over a week and got to the point where we went to a military base to try and get some serious weaponry. Needless to say it eventually went extremely Pete Tong, resulting in the pair of us fending off half a dozen well equipped players. Ended up in a 1 vs 1 and I died but way; as you say, pretty special moment in gaming.

Comment

Working...
              X