Forum folder changes - please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum folder changes - please read

Some time soon, I'll be merging "Headlines" and "General Gaming" into a folder called "News and chat" (or something like that). - EDIT NOW DONE

First Play will remain as-is

I will remove "Technical Services" header and merge all 3 of its folders into "Get answers (Games and Tech)" within the Gaming top level. (STILL TO DO)

The aim is to make for quicker browsing without having to jump in and out of folders so often.

If anyone has any objections or futher suggestions, please raise them here for consideration.
    Last edited by charlesr; 28-01-2014, 19:51.

The only thing I could think of is whilst General Gaming is less busy, if the threads are all in one place and are going through a busy period it will increase the reliance on search functions which can get sticky at times. Unless that's all sorted now.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Some time soon (date TBA), I'll be merging "Headlines" and "General Gaming" into a folder called "News and chat" (or something like that).

Discussion?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        The only thing I could think of is whilst General Gaming is less busy, if the threads are all in one place and are going through a busy period it will increase the reliance on search functions which can get sticky at times. Unless that's all sorted now.
        Yeah, the new server shrugs off everything we throw at it now. I don't think server load has gone above 1 (out of 4) yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavey View Post
          Discussion?
          Possibly. Or "Games"?

Comment

Or, Gaming Discussion

Comment

Game Encounter.

Comment

Fantastic changes. Makes it much easier, and hopefully people will search threads to keep an eye on them. Should we have "Official threads" for some subjects? As much as I don't exactly like the crazyness of GAF, I do like the way they streamline the forum and threads.

Comment

What do you mean by official? Dont we kind of do that already eg xbox thread, wiiU thread etc?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                    What do you mean by official? Dont we kind of do that already eg xbox thread, wiiU thread etc?
                    Yes, you do! I think I was having a brain melt. Sorry.

Comment

New folder arrangement is neat and lush. A sterling job!

Comment

I'm all for the simplified forum folders, there's been too many in the past so this is good to see.

Comment

Coolo. Thanks for the taking the time to feed back guys. The tech folder merge is now in progress.

Comment

Working...
                          X