NTSC-J PS3 Releases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
    Gotta admit that I'm going to have to look some of these games up too.

In terms of hardware the PS3 has always been the better machine over the 360 in my eyes and the fact that it's from Japan is a bonus too. Love my super slim machine too, whisper quiet and it doesn't get hot at all.

No reason to get a PS4 or Xbox One yet definitely!
    I was thinking the same.
    I spent most of last night looking at Nin-Nin-Game for the titles listed so far & might have to grab a couple.

I had the PAL copy of NMH but sold it on.
    Might have to buy the Jpn version though as that box art is lush & with the extras it might be worth it.
    I definitely preferred the proper controls to Wii Waggle

Originally posted by JOe Musashi
    Nobody has named any good games yet.

That's pretty subjective though isn't it Daryl?
    What I call a good game isn't what others would & tbf a lot of what's been mentioned so far look pretty good to me
    Last edited by Soundwave; 29-01-2014, 08:30.

Comment

Well, there isn't a secret Ridge Racer 8 so Daryl won't be happy will he?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowDancer View Post
        I quite fancy Ranko Tsukigime, was that the game you posted in the import thread earlier with suda51 input?
        any impressions
        Played some last night. I really enjoyed it and looking forward to getting home from work to play more tonight. More impressions from yours truly here.

Comment

Some good shouts already. Off the top of my head, I don't think anyone's mentioned Initial D yet?

Comment

I loved Extreme Stage back when I bought it originally. There's a Wangan Midnight game too I believe. How about Gal Gun?

Comment

Wangan Midnight is a tidy game, especially for how old it is. Nothing else mentioned is worth playing either due to language barriers or it just being plain terrible. Ranko is alright, but nowt special. Unless you have an internet connection at the speed of light, do NOT buy MinGol 5. You'll be updating it for well over 24 hours. Initial D should be called Shopping Trolley D, such is its terrible handling engine. I think only Auto Modellista is worse.
              Last edited by J0e Musashi; 29-01-2014, 09:27.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Well, there isn't a secret Ridge Racer 8 so Daryl won't be happy will he?
                Lol no I guess you're right

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Some good shouts already. Off the top of my head, I don't think anyone's mentioned Initial D yet?
                I still fancy playing that Initial D game but I'm not sure how good it would be without a wheel...I couldn't get on with the PS2 version because I was playing on a pad.

I loved Extreme Stage back when I bought it originally. There's a Wangan Midnight game too I believe. How about Gal Gun?
                Is the Wangan game any good?
                That Gal Gun just looks weird.

Don't forget Momuro Kun as well.

J Stars Victory looks great as well & I reckon I'll be having some of that.

I guess someone has already mentioned the Project Diva games?
                Super Heroine Chronicle is looking interesting in a weird sort of way

Neil

Comment

Mamoru-Kun is quite good actually. It's basically KiKi-KaiKai following them arranging it.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

wangan is nice, but i would have loved to have seen a proper shutokou battle game.

thats a franchise that is crying out for a next gen update

Comment

Gal Gun is only worth it for novelty sake or you have no other way to look at fawning Japanese school girls. Not great but some light fun if you have money to burn (I don't regret buying it).

Comment

Aquanaut's Holiday. Asian version has English. Expensive, but an intensely marvellous game.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                          Gal Gun is only worth it for novelty sake or you have no other way to look at fawning Japanese school girls. Not great but some light fun if you have money to burn (I don't regret buying it).
                          Should be able to get a copy for around ?25, novelty to use with the PlayStation Move anyway.

Comment

My recommendation are:

Gundam Extreme Versus
                            EX Trooper
                            Another Century's Episode R

Also Dark Mist on Japanese PSN has the Depths of Darkness DLC that wasn't release in the west adds tons of content to the game and well worth picking up. recommended to me by fellow NTSC-UK/ bordersdown members.
                            Last edited by S3M; 29-01-2014, 10:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                              Aquanaut's Holiday. Asian version has English. Expensive, but an intensely marvellous game.
                              You don't need English to play it. The Japanese version is fully playable with near zero understanding of Japanese. It's not that good anyway, you just go around in an incredibly and frustratingly slow submergable finding stuff, and playing Simon Says with fish.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                                You don't need English to play it. The Japanese version is fully playable with near zero understanding of Japanese. It's not that good anyway, you just go around in an incredibly and frustratingly slow submergable finding stuff, and playing Simon Says with fish.
                                Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

change of heart joe?

Comment

Working...
                                X