Riddick 4: Furya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Riddick 4: Furya

Vin Diesel has revealed that Universal Pictures is keen on producing a fourth film in the “Riddick” series following “Pitch Black,” “The Chronicles of Riddick” and last year’s “Riddick”. Diesel announced the news in perhaps the most unusual way possible – a lengthy seven-and-a-half-minute webcam video in which he spends the first three minutes dancing […]

Vin Diesel has stated that Universal is now looking into making a fourth Riddick film after the solid return the third film made. Previously Diesel had described a potential fourth film as being a middle entry into a trilogy, leading the character back to his home world.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 29-06-2021, 20:38.

I think he was incredibly lucky to get to make that last one and he'll be even more lucky if this next one makes it all the way to the screens. I think he should stop pushing his luck and make the next one as if it will be the last because another after this is certainly nowhere near a given.

That said, rampant mysogyny aside (and should I really be pushing that aside?), I enjoyed the last one and I'm still a big fan of the somewhat muddled Riddick universe so will be interested to see more.

Comment

$38 Mill to make, ?98 Mill in worldwide returns ($42 domestic). I can see why they're keen to make some more!

I prefer Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars, but I'm guessing I'm probably alone with that...

Comment

Yes. Yes, you are.

Comment

The problem is that 1 and 3 were miles better than 2 and it looks like 4 is following the plot strands of the latter. . . . might work out because they'll most likely need a bigger budget but they need to learn from the other 2 movies and reel in the intergalactic bollox and keep it lean and stripped back.

Comment

Deisel Van is banging out a new xXx sequel too:

It's called xXx III: Take it to the maxXx
            Last edited by QualityChimp; 30-01-2014, 08:10. Reason: I made the title up...

Comment

triple X was crap, didnt bother seeing the Ice Cube one. Its gonna need a bloody good plot to draw me in, and elite exxxtreme athlete going under cover is not far of Cody Banks level of dull!

Comment

Yup, agreed. Having only watched xXx for the first time fairly recently, I can't see why they'd bother making another.

Comment

Vin Diesel has used his Instagram account to reveal that a fourth film in the Riddick franchise, along with a spin-off TV series, are in the works. David Twohy has written and directed all three films in the series so far – 2000’s “Pitch Black,” 2004’s “The Chronicles of Riddick” and 2013’s “Riddick”. It looks […]

Vin Diesel has confirmed that Riddick 4 is happening as well as a tv spin off show

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/400...pin-off-coming

Vin Diesel has confirmed that Riddick 4 is happening as well as a tv spin off show
                    Interesting, hopefully it can fully flesh out the character.

Comment

I'm on board with a new movie, albeit with concerns. No need for a TV show though.

Comment

The fast and the furia

Comment

Following on from confirmation earlier that a TV series spin-off to the “Riddick” franchise is on the way, the franchise’s star Vin Diesel posted an unannounced live video on Tuesday and teased to nearly 200,000 viewers a special guest – “Riddick” creator David Twohy. The pair confirmed that they will start filming on the fourth […]

Will explore Riddicks origins

Comment

Still haven't seen the third one. Watched the second recently and it hasn't held up all that well.

The first is still a very solid movie; not excellent, but good - but then, it's a movie that benefitted from a low budget and very tight scope. The second one is what happens when you give people too much rope; they hang themselves with it.

We'll wait and see I suppose.

Comment

After nearly a year without an update, actor/producer Vin Diesel has confirmed on social media that the script for a fourth film in the “Riddick” franchise will arrive next week. A screenplay for the film was rumored to be finished last Summer but from the sounds of it has undergone some re-writes since then. Talk […]

Diesel has said that next week the script will be turned in for Riddick 4.

Comment

Working...
                              X