Tomb Raider Definitive Edition review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uli View Post
    by the way, anyone knows how to get the 100% achievement? i got every base camp on 100% but still stuck with 99%.
    The cliffside bunker doesn't have a base camp so it's possibly you're missing something there.

Comment

thanks mate!

i missed a poster high on a cable tower outside the cliffside bunker, really hard to spot. why they haven't included this camp in the free travel list is anyone's guess...

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        The tombs are in there. They're just 1 puzzle long. First time I did one I was like, 'door open, now onto the tomb', but it just gave me a relic. Tomb complete
        Ahh yes I discovered a tomb and before I knew it completed a tomb. The game has opened up more and the cloudy weather has passed, I am enjoying it more now. Although choosing normal difficulty was a mistake as I am breezing through. I am just making my way through the shanty town popping fools in the head with arrows (unless armoured).

Will I be going toe to toe with dangerous wildlife soon or is it just human threat all the way through?

There are some very cool set pieces

such as the plane rolling down the hill and parachute through the trees

. The graphics are amazing too, can the PS4 version look that much better?

Comment

Got this super cheap on Steam. About 5 hours in thus far, it's pretty cool. Headshots with the bow will never get boring!

This is my first ever Tomb Raider- really enjoying it. It looks fantastic on my PC, Lara's boobs don't seem to have any physics though

Comment

22 hours finished on hard with 100% completion. Really good game, though on the whole a bit easy. Combat was very satisfying, the cover mechanic worked well and dodge and counter moves were very cool. I though the exploration and platforming were also really well implemented and controlling Lara was no problem at all. Off the back of this game I would definitely purchase another new generation TR game. 8/10 for me, could've been more but the multiplayer is deader than dead so haven't been able to get into even one quick match.

I got all of the old Tomb Raider games in the special but I think they will look gash on the computer so I'm not going to bother even installing them and I will probably only play Guardians of Light as I heard that was quite good.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it! For me it was a solid reboot and I really had fun with it. I hope that the next game is willing to push the tombs and exploring side of things further. They don't have to be 4 hour monsters, but perhaps 3-4 times larger than in this game. I don't think the moving towards uncharted action adventure was a bad thing at all, but I think they made it just a bit too easy...

Comment

Agree Cappy, those Tombs took like 5 mins.

Comment

Gave this another full play through over the last two days on PS4 again due to all the talk of the new one. Still a fantastic game apart from my still standing gripe about the awful QTE's. Really hoping a nice XBO bundle deal comes up again so I can get a bash at the new one.

Comment

Working...
                  X