Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your Internet connection speed a.k.a. How big is my pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mines down to 9mb’s now and still can’t get an engineer out as talk talk are manipulating the test their end. They keep saying I’m getting 60-65mb’s when every device is reading 5-11mb’s.

Tried a hard line on the ps5 & SeriesX tonight and its not the wifi, so its 100% the line, or the service, either way i need an engineer out but the “customer support “ is about as good as Amazon seller support, worse than useless.

May have to resort to ofcom then canceling the direct debit at this rate.

Comment

With Plusnet now and they swear blind that the speed they're hitting now at our home is 900MB-1000MB but on speed tests I'm getting around 200MB Download and 105MB Upload. Due to the house layout I can't connect via ethernet anymore so it's running wireless with the Fibre openreach box having been installed under the stairs instead of the living room. So with mobiles etc also idly connected I assume other factors are throttling it down

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        With Plusnet now and they swear blind that the speed they're hitting now at our home is 900MB-1000MB but on speed tests I'm getting around 200MB Download and 105MB Upload. Due to the house layout I can't connect via ethernet anymore so it's running wireless with the Fibre openreach box having been installed under the stairs instead of the living room. So with mobiles etc also idly connected I assume other factors are throttling it down
        Powerline adapter?

Comment

Oh man, I'm going to look into that one

Comment

Are you running Speedtest or SamKnows, not sure there is a difference being honest but SM is the one the industry uses apparently.

Virgin has upped our speed to 250 and I'm getting better than that - about 268.

Comment

SamKnows is completely useless if your ISP uses CGNATing.

Comment

Tried SamsKnows but it wouldn't work for some reason

Comment

Working...
                X