Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post your Internet connection speed a.k.a. How big is my pipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is sleepy Australia where the Government just scrapped the previous Governments fibre network plans.....

I'm with iinet on ADSL2+.

21Mb/s down
    1Mb/s up

Only good thing is all Xbox LIVE traffic is free on my plan so whilst I've got a cap massive downloads & playing online with the Xbox One doesn't count towards it at all.

The speeds & pings you guys are hitting is making me feel sick. Nice.

Comment

?19.50 including Line rental with Sky.

Happy enough with that as I will never get more than 22 on fibre thanks to the Care Home next door getting all the bandwith due to a business package

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        Very average ping too.
        yeah alright, get that kick in too!

My ping has always been around the low 40's. My Router is about 2m from the master socket which has an ADSL faceplate on it. There are no other rooms connected to the master sock either so I guess it comes down to wiring beyond my control?

Comment

How far are you from the exchange? If you are close enough, you might be able to change to fastpath (reduced error checking) which will halve the ping. Not sure if your SKY will do this though. Doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
            How far are you from the exchange? If you are close enough, you might be able to change to fastpath (reduced error checking) which will halve the ping. Not sure if your SKY will do this though. Doubt it.

I am currently 3/4 of a mile away from the exchange. To be honest I am not too bothered about sorting it as I am moving soon. I will bare that in mind for the future though, thanks.

Comment

This is on wireless. I get over 60 when wired (with 2ms ping or so). Its only middle class speed in HOL, not expensive at all (not even 30 euros a month I think). My only ethernet cable went to the Ps4, which helps a LOT.
              Last edited by Panta Rhei; 10-02-2014, 22:08.

Comment

Finnish student housing has 100MB connections by default. At home our connection is a measly 4MB. Frankly I don't mind. I can remember having 3.6kbps download speeds back in the day so I'm no one to complain.

What still boggles the mind that in some parts of the world, especially in the US, there are download caps! What a hoot. Anything for money, eh? Never had them in Finland.
                Last edited by danholo; 11-02-2014, 00:18.

Comment

Not bad on the D/L or ping front...

Comment

Originally posted by 'Press Start' View Post
                    I am currently 3/4 of a mile away from the exchange. To be honest I am not too bothered about sorting it as I am moving soon. I will bare that in mind for the future though, thanks.
                    For those who have changed over from O2/be sky are developing/adding line tweaking options, static ip etc.

I'm changing to sky fibre pro on 15th February so will see how faster I can get.

Currently get 17.3 with Be and hope for near 70mb on fibre with sky as the fttc cabinet isn't far away.

Comment

Here's mine at the moment, via Sky.

Comment

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post

Will only be like this for the next few weeks then switching to Virgin... haven't had the greatest experience with virgin but lets see how it goes.

I'm not sure if the positives outweigh the negatives... The PS3 wired only picks up a 7mb connection but 32mb on sky.

How important is upload speed when playing say an MMORPG?

Comment

At the moment I have barely 1Mb/s. At about 11pm it will jump to around 3Mb/s. From about 3am till 3pm it will be around 6.5Mb/s. Contention or throttling.?

Comment

Originally posted by k0pp0 View Post
                            At the moment I have barely 1Mb/s. At about 11pm it will jump to around 3Mb/s. From about 3am till 3pm it will be around 6.5Mb/s. Contention or throttling.?
                            TalkTalk

Comment

You knows it! bundled village phone switch though, so crappy all round.

Comment

Using homeplugs too (TP-Link Powerline adapters).

Comment

Working...
                                X