Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comprehensive list of PAL region free Original Xbox games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comprehensive list of PAL region free Original Xbox games?

Hello

I've been searching for a comprehensive list of PAL region free Original Xbox games, but unable to find such a list. At best I've found a few VERY old posts from various forums detailing a handful of games, but no complete up to date lists. Anyone know of any such list please?

Thank you

Jackhulk

Welcome to Bordersdown

We can help:
    Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

and
    Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Comment

Hi charlesr

Awesome lists thank you, but unfortunately not sure it's what I'm after. With regards to the first list, how can I tell if a game is region free? I assume that if's all three regions are listed as 'Yes', then it's region free? Could such games still not be locked to there particular region?

Take 'Pitfall: The Lost Expedition' as an example. On the spreadsheet it's listed as 'Yes' for all three formats, so guessing this suggests it's region free, however play asia suggests that it's actually region locked.

With regards to the second list, I had actually found this before I posted, but while the title indicates Xbox games are included, it only actually includes 360 games as far as I can see. Have I missed something?

Thank you

Comment

That's all I've got

You could always ask in this thread if there's a specific game you need testing.

Comment

Thanks charles, but am already aware of that thread, but can only see 360 games there.

Was it not you who created the spreadsheet? If so I take it the yes's under the region headings refer to if the game is region free? Or does it simply refer to the fact that the game was released in those regions? If so, then it doesn't necessary mean any one of those is region free as the individual releases could be locked to that particular region.

If the yes's do indicate region free, if a game has yes for USA and PAL, but not JAP, how can that be, because surely the games can only have one region flag set? Also is it possible for different regions to have different region compatibility, for example, a PAL version might work on NTSC, but the NTSC version might not work on PAL consoles?

Please can someone clarify any of the above?

I have loads of games that I would happily check myself, but unsure the best way to go about it. Does anyone know of an app that I can run on mod Xbox or PC app that will allow me to identify if a game is region free or not, or is the only way to check say for example if a PAL game is region free would be to actually run it on NTSC-U and NTSC-J Xbox?

If not, is it possible to put mod Xbox into NTSC-U and NTSC-J mode to test? I thought about the enigma switch, but the fact that Xbox is modded, it's region free, so will run any region game I throw at it will it not?

Thank you
          Last edited by jackhulk; 17-02-2014, 21:21.

Comment

Visit here http://www.bordersdown.net/threads/1...=1#post2130005

Comment

Working...
            X