No announcement yet.

The Matrix: Resurrections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“Aquaman” and “Baywatch” actor Yahya Abdul-Mateen II has scored one of the lead roles in the upcoming fourth film in “The Matrix” franchise at Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures. The film’s writer/director Lana Wachowski had been meeting with actors for the secret role over the last week and Abdul-Mateen has reportedly emerged as […]

Abdul-Mateen II, who is leading up Candyman 4 and Watchmen, has been cast in a lead role in this

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      Thinking about this, is updating the thread title to The Matrix Rebooted a given at this point?
      How about Matrix Re-Reloaded?

Comment

In an unexpected bit of casting, comedian and Emmy winner Neil Patrick Harris is in talks to join the cast of “The Matrix 4” at Warner Bros. Pictures. The actor’s role is unclear at present as story details are under wraps, but he marks the fourth bit of casting following Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Keanu Reeves […]

Neil Patrick Harris is next to be lined up for the film

Comment

“Mindhunter” and “Looking” star Jonathan Groff has reportedly signed on for a role in the forthcoming fourth “The Matrix” film reports Collider. Groff’s role is reportedly being kept under wraps. Groff joins either confirmed or in talks to return actors Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and Jada Pinkett Smith while Jessica Henwick, Yahya Abdul-Mateen and Neil […]

Mindhunter and Frozen's Jonathan Groff has joined the film

Comment

Release set for 25 May 2021 which is the same date as John Wick: Chapter Four pretty much confirming Wick will shortly be delayed

Comment

Lambert Wilson’s The Merovingian character from the two “The Matrix” sequels is reportedly returning for the upcoming fourth film in the series. Wilson is said to be in negotiations to appear as the French information dealing program in the new film directed by Lana Wachowski. No word if his on-screen wife Persephone (Monica Bellucci) will […]

Lambert Wilson, from the two Matrix sequels and Sens8, seems to be returning for the new film.

Comment

He plays the Merovingian, if you're wondering.

Comment

Honestly, the fact that one of the earliest things about this new movie is that it features something from the sequels is enough to really dampen my interest. It would be like getting the chance to make an Obi-Wan series and bringing Jar-Jar back.

Comment

Hugo Weaving confirms he's not in The Matrix 4... but only because of scheduling conflicts

Interesting...

Comment

First set photos:

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                        The first film actually drove quite a lot of DVD player sales with the wealth of extras encouraging consumers to upgrade from VHS.
                        This along with Blade and the opening of Saving Private Ryan are still the films to show the uninitiated why a decent multi speaker surround sound system can transform home movie watching.

I don't want to write off The Matrix 4 just yet - but it's going to have to try a lot harder than the 2nd and 3rd to dig itself out of the crap sequels pit.

Comment

I still love Reloaded and always will.

Comment

I'm gunna get strung up for this, but I like both the sequels...I'll admit they are both all over the place, but I like the atmosphere and feel of them.

Comment

Me, too.

I even liked the third one when I gave it another chance... on HD-DVD!

One thing I’m not fond of is the recolouring of the first one to fit the style of the sequels(green tint when inside the Matrix). It looks like when you put a magnet on a CRT. I get why they did it, but it feels over-done.

We were watching it recently and my wife asked what was up with Keanu’s lips!

Comment

Was it not always green tinted? Or did they push that even more? I have the original dvd from (I think) before the sequels were out and the Matrix was definitely green to some extent.

Comment

Working...
                                X