The Matrix: Resurrections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Matrix: Resurrections

Andy and Lana Wachowski are reportedly developing a brand new sequel trilogy to “The Matrix” at Warner Bros. Pictures according to Latino Review. The filmmakers have reportedly already turned in outlines and treatments to the studio who wants the first movie ready by 2017. It isn’t clear what direction the new trilogy will take, though […]

Word is that WB is actively developing a new trilogy of Matrix films with the Wachowski's. The films are mooted to be a prequel which tells of the Matrix's origins. Only the original trilogy is being considered canon and the first film is being aimed for 2017.

If they have to go back I'd rather have a follow up, the ending originally wasn't amazing.
    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 25-08-2021, 11:07.

They lost so much goodwill with me with the two sequels. Not only did I not think they were good but, for me, they lost the entire hook of the concept. It was like they didn't actually know what was good about the idea to begin with. Because of that, I would be approaching any new movie with a massive amount of skepticism. On top of the Matrix movies, the Wachowskis have had more misses than hits for me.

Comment

I watched the original last night. Can't ever top that. And a prequel will not have any "super powers".

"There's a difference between knowing the path and walking the path"
      "Dodge this"
      "Guns. Lots of guns"
      "Load the jump program"

Comment

Yeah the two sequels just got progressively worse. The second wasn't bad but the third was just utter tosh.

Comment

The prequels can deal with a different 'one' because the bearded architect mentioned them in revolutions. I seriously doubt they'll have anything cooler than what they accomplished in '99

Comment

When the Matrix was first built there was a man born inside that had the ability to change what he wanted, to remake the Matrix as he saw fit. It was this man who freed the first of us and taught us the truth. When he died, the Oracle prophesied his return and envisioned that his coming would hail the destruction of the Matrix.
            That's from the first film. This man is actually the 5th "One"

Comment

Lucky I've got you guys. Totally forgot about that.

Comment

Some of the pre-history was great.

The Second Renaissance Animatrix and the comics explained quite a lot of cool stuff about the series of events that led to the machines rebelling and how the Machines actually took over (through economic success) then through force in retaliation to the war cries of the human race.
                Last edited by EvilBoris; 01-03-2014, 13:14.

Comment

Well now it appears they are disregarding that stuff. I felt some of the Animatrix stuff was better than the actual sequels so I think they've got that ass backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Well now it appears they are disregarding that stuff. I felt some of the Animatrix stuff was better than the actual sequels so I think they've got that ass backwards.
                    Yeah, I was a huge Matrix fan (like everybody) back in the early 2000's after seeing the first film on DVD at a mate's house. Loved Animatrix and was super excited about Reloaded, which wasn't that bad, but paled in comparison to the original (Revolutions is/was garbage).

I don't want to see another film, it's just going to be a soulless cash-in and we all know it. The Matrix was THE late 90's/early millennium THING. It was a phenomenon, not just "a film". The new films can never achieve what The Matrix did and will be dissappointments by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post
                      I don't want to see another film, it's just going to be a soulless cash-in and we all know it. The Matrix was THE late 90's/early millennium THING. It was a phenomenon, not just "a film". The new films can never achieve what The Matrix did and will be dissappointments by default.
                      Is 100% right

Comment

Love every film, though at the time found Reloaded a little weak in comparison. While obviously fantastical and out there, had some really interesting interpretation of computer science that actually made sense unlike the ignorant rubbish in pretty much every other Hollywood film ever. Can't wait for this if true.

Comment

I don't think i've even watched Revolutions properly still to this day and i have the trilogy on............wait for it................................HDDVD!

1st film is one of my fave films ever and despite what a lot of people said about the 2nd movie i loved it when i first saw it, it hasn't stood the test of time as well as the first one though.

Comment

Everyone ****s on the sequels but I thought the second one was solid. The highway scene, the brawl, that epic fight on the staircase, those ghost twins, it was ****ing ace! yeah all that stuff in zion was ****e (the dancing bah) but the action was top!

It's the third that ****ed everything up for me. Felt like barely any fighting while we watched some character I didn't even care about shoot a choke point on a cs map for 2 hours. Utter ****e.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan James Waugh View Post
                              Love every film, though at the time found Reloaded a little weak in comparison. While obviously fantastical and out there, had some really interesting interpretation of computer science that actually made sense unlike the ignorant rubbish in pretty much every other Hollywood film ever. Can't wait for this if true.
                              I'm the same, as much as I enjoy them all I actually think that the 2nd is the weakest of the 3, it's a little too heavy on the action and lacking in story. As for the end, I'm not really sure how else they could have wrapped it up.

Because If they destroyed all of the machines, billions of humans would have perished. Which really, was something they didn't want.

Comment

Working...
                              X