Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
    I got Rey's Speeder a while back - I like the design regardless of whether the movie sucks or not. I had a problem with the stickers though, one of the orange stripes had a crease/bubble under it, I tried to flatten it down by buffing with a smooth cloth, and it wiped off the ink on the edge. Looked awful.

I waited for the sets to be parted out on Bricklink and then ordered two replacement sticker sheets (just in case). The ones I received had different colour tones to my original one though - the orange was too pale, so I ended up peeling off the other stripes too so I could get consistency.

And I'm still not satisfied because now I see the stickers don't match the orange tiles anymore, which they used to do just fine.
    You should probably contact LEGO, they send replacement parts for free so I assume they'd send replacement stickers too.

Originally posted by shaffy_oppa View Post
    I've never had any Lego, always used to get K'nex as a kid but I'm really wanting some lego recently and some of the movie tie ins and the architecture ones look great. I just want something that'll take me a few days to build but not cost a ridiculous amount.

I'm thinking I might go for the Wall E one released recently but I can't imaging that'll take too long to put together. Thought about Cinderellas castle too because I can just give it to my nieces to play with after I've put it together but it looks horrible :/
    There's no real answer to this. If you want something that'll take a few days you're going to need to spend a bit, because as mentioned Wall-E isn't a very long build, nor is any cheap-ish set. The bigger sets have a pretty big advantage in this aspect though in that they're split into three or four parts, so you can just build a section at a time and spread them out over a few days that way. The Detective's Office I built (which is over ?100 but is an amazing first Lego set for various reasons) probably took about ten hours over a couple of days and had four parts to help spread it out.

Comment

My only advice on that for Shaffy would be that, generally, I find there is more building per monetary unit in Lego's own sets compared with the licensed sets. Often the licensed sets can feel a little light. The buildings, like the Detective's Office TTK recommends, can be wonderful builds. They often feel more colourful too but then that's because I hit grey overload with the Star Wars sets.

Comment

Wall-E is great value for money though, as far as licensed sets go. ?40 for 677 pieces is probably about as good as it gets for licensed stuff and is on a par with regular stuff.

Comment

I got it for ?33 off Amazon too, so even better than most by my reckoning.

As for the replacement stickers, the problem was of my own making - screwed up the application. The replacements are a different shade to mine but fine when seen in isolation, so I don't think I have any claim to free replacements, do I?

Comment

Those pieces should be printed for the amount you're paying for them, so whether it was your fault or not they should be perfect. I'd definitely contact Lego and try and get a replacement sheet. Can't hurt to try at the very least.

Comment

Had to drop the millennium falcon from my order as its out of stock

so went for Tie Fighter, Poes XWing and Kylo Rens shuttle instead, reserved for collection tomorrow

Comment

Maybe worth pointing out to you boys that Argos are doing three for two on all toys until Tuesday. My friend saved a load buying lego for his boys Christmas yesterday including the millennium falcon set.

Comment

I did not know that. I might need to go shopping, thanks!

Comment

Definitely a good idea DT. He bought two Falcon's, one for him, one for his brothers boy and something that was dearer for his daughter, so essentially got one of the Falcon's as the freebie.

Comment

Mum showed off her Santa's Workshop set, offered to send me one and I declined ;( It's not that I don't want one...

Comment

You declined? Madness! The Santa's Workshop set looks brilliant! Those little toys it has are just amazing, they really show how much you can do with like 4 tiny pieces of Lego.

Comment

I made myself very sad by looking up the winter sets that have already been retired ;(
                          I would have loved to have gotten them all, but then where would I put them? Same old problem.

Comment

Argos are ridiculous. After going back and fourth about 5 times I finally managed to get myself Wall-e, Trevi Fountain and The Leaning Tower of Pisa.

They blocked my Argos card so had to pay up front and I'm having second thoughts :/

Comment

Gotta love Argos finally tracked down a store with all the Lego I want on 3 fir 2, inc a 30 mile drive. No not the one that's 100m from where I work lol
                              only to go and pay as it ends tonight so I can collect at the end of the week, waited 10 mins and one item goes out of stock. Oh well that's life fated not to get any

shall console myself by buying Lego dimensions, plus all the packs before they get hard to find lol

Comment

Does anyone here watch JangBricks on YT? I've bought and avoided stuff on his recommendations, a good channel.

Comment

Working...
                                X