No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built the Lego Ice Cream Machine van build yesterday. Always liked the look of it when the first film was out and clocked a brand new one on gumtree for a great price.

Comment

Five new sets for the upcoming movie

Comment

I rather like the new Creator line 1965 Fiat 500

Comment

MINIONS LEGO!!!!!!

Comment

Been after this little set for a while. It’s been out of stock in all my local shops for that long I feared it might of retired without me knowing.

Another one for my Speed Champions garage!

Comment

LEGO tease Super Mario ...

https://brickset.com/article/49245/l...io-coming-soon!

Comment

I don't need it... I don't ne... Oh hang on.. I think my kids need it *rubs hands together

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun! And also expensive.

Comment

the Lego premium x the Nintendo premium plus the speakers, the Bluetooth and the LCD screen wow this is gonna be expensive. I'm not super sure if its a misstep though as it has an air of Duplo about it and looks very preschool with the primary colours and chunkyness of it. i doubt there going for the 4-7 age range with this though and where trying to go more brick head with it but its not really coming across that way.

The adults Lego collectors, are already kicking off as they where expecting a more traditional approach. You have to ask what they could of done for the grown up collectors, when you think of iconic Mario buildings you kind of imagine a brown castles. We kind of already have enough Lego castles for adult collectors at present between the premium Hogwarts and the Disney fair though.

Comment

It's an odd concept, that's for sure. I don't really understand the play factor in it at all ... but maybe I'm not the target market.

Comment

I am the target market.

Comment

I love the Chonker Lego Mario.

Comment

Jr1 would love Mario Lego but... yeah, I'm not sure this is the right format. It's undoubtedly going to be overly expensive though it's a very Nintendoesque concept for a collaboration. Having a Mario minifig with some brown, green etc bricks is all it really needed especially since the Mario is pretty limited outside of the playset use. It's cool but it's not what I would consider buying which is an odd thought as I thought it'd be a slam dunk for him.

Comment

Lego are interesting that way in that, even with the likes of Star Wars Lego which has an older fanbase with collector money, they often skew the majority of sets towards play. But they also regularly try different things to expand out that play. Like, they have just released a whole ranger that looks like Lego bracelets or things like that? Not even sure what they are - I haven't much paid attention to them. And they had that time where they released a whole load of Lego board games and then that building game app (World of George or something like that?). They often seem to go for the play factor but, in doing so, will try things that they are very quickly happy to drop as if they never happened.

It's clear that a good chunk of what Lego puts out doesn't hit and yet it also seems to be clear that it doesn't put them off trying new and different things. And that tells me that they've probably worked out that putting out pretty sets for collectors won't be enough to keep them going (speculation on my part) and hence doing something fun and Nintendo-like with Mario. This Mario collaboration feels both very Lego and very Nintendo all in one so I'm not actually surprised by this format at all. A regular Mario-themed Lego set would have been more surprising.

Comment

I like the concept but the play factor looks limited. The technology looks interesting but the form looks like something you might get with a Happy Meal. Then again, like you I applaud them trying something new.

Comment

Working...
                                X