• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some nice options in the new Lego Ideas contest

Comment

Knight Rider and Ruined House!

Comment

I like Ruined House ... that and Castle in the Forest are my faves.

That’s a ton of sets in review. Wonder how many they’ll pick for production?

Comment

New Theme Park set announced: Haunted House

Comment

What is it? I mean, I know it's a haunted house but is it based on something specific?

It looks good but not a patch on the Monster Fighters haunted house from a few years back, which I think is probably still my favourite Lego set.

Comment

I think it's supposed to be a theme park attraction ala Disney Land or something but works just as well as a spooky house.

Not sure about Lego's new adult-market packaging though. 'Creator Expert' no longer exists apparently, so older oriented sets will look more 'grown up' like this ... but that age 18+ in the corner ... really not sure about that. Pretty sure my 11-yr old would enjoy it just as much as I would ... but is it not meant for him? Grown ups only? Just seems a bit odd

Official blurb on set and new marketing here: https://brickset.com/article/51362/t...d-set-revealed!

And here: https://brickset.com/article/51364/l...-of-18-marking
              Last edited by Atticus; 13-05-2020, 14:31.

Comment

Yeah, the adult branding is interesting. Makes me expect two minifigures going at it in the bedroom or at the very least I'd expect some swearing.

Comment

A night thinking on it and I come down on the Haunted House not being very good to be honest, certainly one of their weaker attempts at the theme

Comment

I reckon it would've been cooler if it was more of an actual ghost train than a Tower of Terror style drop ride. It doesn't feel convincingly enough like an actual ride.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      I reckon it would've been cooler if it was more of an actual ghost train than a Tower of Terror style drop ride. It doesn't feel convincingly enough like an actual ride.
                      I totally agree. I think the only reason it wasn't is the last fairground set was a roller coaster and just before that was the DC Joker Manor set with a spooky coaster.

I think this is more likely to sit on a hill top at the edge of town in a Lego city than with the other fairground rides.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        I totally agree. I think the only reason it wasn't is the last fairground set was a roller coaster and just before that was the DC Joker Manor set with a spooky coaster.

I think this is more likely to sit on a hill top at the edge of town in a Lego city than with the other fairground rides.
                        Ah, OK, your reasoning as to why it’s a drop ride sounds logical.

It would’ve been cool if they’d built a space themed rota type ride that actually spins or something. Maybe in the future.

Comment

New Monkie Kid series officially announced https://brickset.com/article/51399/m...ey-to-the-west

I like the Food Truck and Secret HQ sets

Comment

Not a fan, feels like they just mushed the Hidden Side range with Ninjago and came up with something less appealing than either.

Comment

I like those, they have a really fresh feel to them. The colours are great.

The food truck reminds me of Wheels on Meals!

Comment

Finished the VW Camper. It's a wonderful thing. Very cleverly constructed. I added the lights to it too and it just sets it off. Easily my favourite lego. I'll try and get some photos on here.

Comment

Working...
                                X