No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it better than the last UCS one. The bigger engines look much more accurate. I like the look of all the visible studs too. Not one for me though.

Comment

Four new Sonic sets revealed

And the £95 big set

"It really isn't like anything else! The sets offer an entirely new, action-packed play experience," said Frédéric Roland Andre, designer at the Lego Group.

Well, it is, it's like a naffer, overpriced version of the set you already did but also trying to piecemeal it with the cheaper sets too.

Comment

They look really empty. Not much to them at all. I was hoping for much, much better.

Comment

i think i scunnered myself with Lego

My mum died of covid and left me and my sister a little amount of money and growing up quite poor i never enjoyed lego as a child except for building a house, then break that down for another house, nothing much

So decided to buy all the sets that i wanted as a child and anything that meant something growing up, ended up buying myself about 10 sets ecto-1 (old and new), delorean (old and new) AT-AT, Atari 2600, x-wing, slave one, Tron and the office

Bought my son loads of sets over the years but with my mums money he asked for the Jurassic T-rex and asked me to build it, I started way to high and a 3000+ set shouldn't be a first

Now only want to build them with my son (he loves it) and recently got him the new guardians ship, which wasn't that great compared with the previous guardians ship

Comment

Sorry to hear about your mum buster

Sharing some good building times with your son is priceless (and pricey ).

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Buster.

Glad you're able to buy some of the kits you wanted and build them with your son.

LEGO isn't the cheap, basic toy we played with as kids, though, is it?!
              We definitely had to add a fair splash of imagination, whereas there are bespoke parts for everything, these days.
              I kind of like it when they use parts designed for something else and re-use it, like a frying pan and a clear stud to make a desk lamp or something.

I'm quite enjoying a Facebook group called LEGO Microscale.
              So inventive!

Last edited by QualityChimp; 20-04-2023, 08:40.

Comment

What happens when you give 400,000 Lego bricks to some Lufthansa Technik engineers;

Comment

I love the Ninjago City sets and the latest one is no expection ... Ninjago City Markets

It has a cable car

... and this is how it links with the previous set (Ninjago City Gardens)

Comment

Behold, the Batcave Shadowbox, based on Batman Returns. What a strange set ...

Comment

No. No. No and No.

As much as I'd love a good Batcave, this looks messy when closed and the closing design makes little sense too. It's a lot of standard grey and black bricks with the Batmobile being a recycle and once opened the flat design ruins the cave.

This one is a phenomenal amount of reused, old rope and that's before the real clanger drops where Lego thought about pricing it and figured

Knife edge before but for me this one marks the tipping point.

Out

Comment

That’s a very ugly set.

Comment

There's rumbles, even though it was previously a freebie with the larger 89 Batmobile set, that the small Batmobile here is getting a standalone release in August alongside a same scale Batwing

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                            There's rumbles, even though it was previously a freebie with the larger 89 Batmobile set, that the small Batmobile here is getting a standalone release in August alongside a same scale Batwing
                            i think it needs to happen the tumbler they released last year and 60s batman sets are perfect, it would be nice to have an 89 to go with my other mini-fig scale batmobiles

that the below is £100s of pounds on the resale market, and was never available to anyone but the people who got the large batmobile at launch it silly when the above two are in the £30-£40 range

i have the larger batwing mounted on the wall, and always intended to pick up the large batmobile but it got retired pretty fast and is now silly prices.

Comment

Currently advancing in the latest Lego Ideas review stage, this one is amazing

Comment

So, I've been on Youtube looking at vids about Lego sets such as reviews of the upcoming Jurassic Park sets (I'm thinking I might snag the £20 Dennis and Jeep set) and a few were dissecting the Batcave reveal. It's definitely struggling to win people over, particularly with the price tag, but one of them did mention an idea where if you had it on display with a lightkit that replaced all those yellow pieces with working yellow lights... would that flooding of yellow light make the bat symbol pop enough to accomplish the effect Lego was intending for it?

Comment

Working...
                                X