No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this weekends build, justified it to myself as its on sale on John Lewis at 25% off at the moment and no doubt wont go cheaper before its retired as its exclusive to them in the UK with no other retailers stocking it bar Lego.

It was a really fun build the motor that powers the light house is hidden in the base along with the battery, and they even thought about how to replace the battery's without dismantling the set. Theirs multiple technic rods hidden inside the side of the lighthouse body too that makes the light spin. Its pretty clever how they use a reflector a fixed bulb and a Fresnel Lens so that the top can spin but the light stays static. My only gripe is how noisy Lego motors are still, it means your not going to be having this spinning away on a shelf as it makes a real racket.
    Last edited by Lebowski; 27-11-2023, 14:04.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Optimus down to £80 if you're quick

Buy LEGO Icons Optimus Prime Transformers Robot Model Set 10302 at Argos. Thousands of products for same day delivery, or fast store collection.

Comment

Lego Harry Potter Sorting Hat revealed:

LEGO Harry Potter Sorting Hat revealed early (brickfanatics.com)

LEGO Ideas Jaws set release date and more details rumoured (brickfanatics.com)
          Lego Jaws might be releasing on 01 August 2024

Rumoured LEGO Batman: The Animated Series set has a solid foundation (brickfanatics.com)
          Speculation that the Batman: Animated Series Batmobile will be among this years releases

New LEGO Mini Disney Disneyland castle rumoured (brickfanatics.com)
          The annual line is expected to see Disneyland's castle added to the line up this year to go alongside the previously released DisneyWorld castle and Haunted Mansion ride.

The next Lego Ideas set is a Red Phone Box

And a new line of Lego Star Wars sets are inbound celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Lego versions:

The Falcon is hand sized so impressive in a sense but the reduction in detail makes it look 'off'

Comment

Looking forward to the Jaws and hopefully Batman Animated sets.

Got my eldest the Lambo Sian. Great set 👌

Comment

Batman the Animated Series Gotham City Skyline

Comment

... I like the idea... I get the thinking... but it doesn't look good. Very messy looking design that doesn't at all convey the animated shows style

Comment

Yeah, it's a misfire for me. Nice idea but I wouldn't want it.

A couple of the Animal Crossing sets arrived for me today. Julian's birthday party and Bunnie's outdoor activities. They also came with Mapel's pumpkin garden. They look cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                    Batman the Animated Series Gotham City Skyline

I just want the Animated Batmobile not much else really interests me

Neil

Comment

Lego teased Mario Kart Lego yesterday. Due… 2025. A whole year away. I remember being surprised by how far in advance they teased the Animal Crossing Lego and I must admit that I don’t like it. Tease it when I can get excited for it. But they don’t even show anything except for a shape of a kart and the current style Mario Lego figure. Not sure how it will work with those big chunky figures.

Comment

My ears pricked up at the first hint of Lego Mario Kart but the second the digital Mario appeared on screen it killed the interest dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                          Lego teased Mario Kart Lego yesterday. Due… 2025. A whole year away. I remember being surprised by how far in advance they teased the Animal Crossing Lego and I must admit that I don’t like it. Tease it when I can get excited for it. But they don’t even show anything except for a shape of a kart and the current style Mario Lego figure. Not sure how it will work with those big chunky figures.
                          The cost of building a kart out of lego to fit Duplo Mario is going to be pretty crazy, no doubt it will have power functions as well and be running on a similar system to their current crop of Lego RC cars. It makes me wonder what's the points when we already have the excellent Mario Kart live.

Comment

I finished building the Animal Crossing sets this evening. I’ll try to get pics up tomorrow. They’re lovely sets. Really adorable and very true to the details in the game, with lots of lovely little details. The way they are split into little modules is actually kind of cool - they’re very easy to take apart and shuffle around so you can order them any way you want, essentially making your own little village. The downside to that is that they’re almost like little islands. I’d be tempted to get a few baseplates to put them on.

And considering the price of many single sets these days, the price for the lot didn’t seem too bad.

I’m really hoping they do more.

Comment

Okay, a load of pics….

Too many?

Comment

No KK Slider serenading the centre whilst Tom Nook has Isabelle forcibly evicted by using Resetti to trash her stuff - No sale!

Comment

Working...
                                X