No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like the Flintstones set, but it’s missing Dino... maybe they’ll rectify that by release?

But that Tree House is absolutely epic, I always wanted one as a kid and this is like the dream tree house you could never have. I really like this, can’t wait to see the final model.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      Next Lego Ideas sets will be Treehouse and Flintstones.

Not fussed about The Flintstones set but I really love the treehouse (second set I ever voted for, the first being the Old Fishing Store). I just hope it doesn't get scaled down too much (Ideas model is around 2.5k pieces) as the detail and random cluttered nature is where the real fun is at.
      Yeah, treehouse looks amazing. Scared how much this might cost though if they really stick at 2,500 pieces, they're gonna struggle to get under 10ppp with all that greenery and stuff, looks like a fair amount of large elements!

Flintstones looks great as well but not something I'd buy.

Comment

Apologies for the dodgy lighting, slowly plodding through the Rough Terrain Crane, done the first five parts and it's getting huge already.

I love how Technic looks after the first couple of steps, so compact and you can see all the gears reacting with one another, it's very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
          Next Lego Ideas sets will be Treehouse and Flintstones.

Not fussed about The Flintstones set but I really love the treehouse (second set I ever voted for, the first being the Old Fishing Store). I just hope it doesn't get scaled down too much (Ideas model is around 2.5k pieces) as the detail and random cluttered nature is where the real fun is at.
          Never been a fan of the Flintstones even as a kid i didn't like it, The minifigs in that set look off to me though Fred's hair and face are wrong a better custom hairpiece would make it so his Face doesn't look so tiny and cramped.

Comment

I disassembled all the Star Wars Lego into components and put them back in their boxes with instructions. Will have to go order two parts that were missing sadly. Anyone interested in the sets I have here? Mostly the original launch sets from 1999/2000, so X-Wing, Y-Wing + Darth's TIE, Speederbikes, Snowspeeder etc. Also the original Falcon set.

I have also retrieved ALL the Space Lego from the parents' loft, and need to go through and disassemble that too, but we are talking sets from the original 1979 launch up to around 1988 I think. I have no idea what sort of money the really early stuff is worth (complete with original instructions) but it might be fascinating to research...!
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Mayhem, 2019:

Comment

Hah, if only, how little you know...!

I also found a very beaten up box for set 928, so that will go along with the pieces and manual... maybe I'll do that one first and test the water... eBay suggests I might get £75-100 for it at least...
                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

UPDATE 11TH OCTOBER: A Blizzard-exclusive Lego Bastion building kit is now on sale. It's £22.50, and features an orange…

Lego Overwatch has launched. Bastion is first out at £22.50 but availability will be limited

Comment

I HAVE FINISHED. Here's all the other photos, basically step-by-step.

Six

Seven

Step eight adds the wheels, and it really feels like something now. Super smooth to drive and steer, it's very satisfying, wasted a few minutes messing around with that! Steering is done with a wheel at the rear, no working steering wheel on this one.

Step nine is like starting a whole new thing, doesn't even attach to the rest of the thing at the end of it

Step ten attaches it! Also gets the power functions in there, and there's a few little touches later that tidy them away very neatly.

Step eleven adds guess what

Step twelve encases everything.

Step thirteen adds the cockpit, or whatever it's called. The seat thing. It's the final part! There's also a sort of pre-fab building to put together, essentially a load of grey panels and black pegs, but I didn't bother building that because I'm not really going to get much out of it.

Here it is on top of the IKEA Kallax, which is 77cm wide, if you want some idea of the size of this thing

Power functions can extend the crane's arm, raise the crane's arm, lower the hooky thing (?), spin the whole mechanism around, and lower the outriggers, and obviously the inverse of all that stuff too.

There's the switch on the left to change between spinning/outriggers and the crane arm stuff. The six-way switch does all the crane arm stuff, and the outriggers/spinning is done with switches on either side of the vehicle.

Obviously the little tool door contains tools. Obviously.

It's very large.

It's also very heavy! I love it a lot. I haven't build huge numbers of Technic sets but I've built some of the biggest now, and this takes top spot from the Arocs, for me. It's bigger, obviously, maybe doesn't look quite as nice, but the power functions win it. The power functions with the Arocs are great, but because they're all pneumatic they can be very very fiddly and don't always do what you want them to do. They're also quite confusing because you have to use the forwards/reverse function on the battery pack rather than having separate switches. It was as hard to pick stuff up as using those crane games at the fairground. Here, everything is very simple and works perfectly so you can get very predictable results when you flick a switch.

I very recommend it.

Comment

Next Star Wars UCS set ready to start building ...

Comment

That's cheating.

I want to see all those parts in one big pile immediately.

Comment

Lego finally wins its copyright case against Lepin and three other clone brick makers

Comment

The Chinese government will enforce this perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I watched Lego Masters last night, interesting though even for me it felt a tad over padded with an hour going to two build projects. Still, it's interesting to see what teams come up with especially given the time limits and they can blatantly see what each other are working on. Probably the hardest part is watching team members who are kids or have disabilities visibly getting upset at the stress of the final scene when a team is going to get booted off.

Comment

I liked the idea for the high rise and the way it went together in the end (I hope they haven't dismantled it). The crèche those two young lads made was brilliant

Comment

Working...
                                X