No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brickset have been running a reader vote to see what the favourite set of the last 20 years is. Going into the final it’s Ninjago City v Old Fishing Store.

We're just one bout away from finding out which set Brickset readers think is the best one released since the site was founded 20 years ago!

Comment

Very excited Jr1 got two Lego Mario blind bags today so built both and wanted to build his Mario Starter set too. All done, turns on Mario and it's a nice and very simple piece. Turns it off to save battery and build the course pieces. Mario never turns on again. Lego's FAQ help page for the product? Coming Soon. Shambles.

Also - Paper Manual >>>> Phone App Manual. Massively.

Comment

Wait, is there no paper manual?

Not related to anything real but I had a dream last night that I found the Cheers Lego set in a shop but didn’t buy it. Went to buy it later on the site but it was out of stock and turns out it was out of stock for years and, when I went back, the shop didn’t have it any more. Gutted.

Comment

There's what looks like a paper manual, it's surprisingly thick too but only contains images of the rest of the range and T&Cs in different languages.

Naughty, but bought a new set today that works. Going to return the broken one.

Comment

Jr1 has now followed the phone instructions and built the whole Starter set. To be honest the phone faff means that this is a set to build and then try to stop your kids from dismantling, better they just play with it as a toy and use normal Lego for their own creative works. The play of it is simple enough but both Jr1 and 2 adore it so it does the job, I've set aside a shelf in the cupboard to keep it safe from destructive hands when not in play. This weekend we'll start work on Bowser's Castle.

Comment

Couple of big set rumours circulating for Daigon Alley and Roman Colosseum. I think Daigon Alley could be quite special if it's mini-fig scale.

Comment

I got the NES set yesterday and started building. It’s huge. But for the first time that I can remember, there was a missing piece. In bag 2, a piece was missing and a different piece was in the bag that isn’t yet used in the instructions. Thankfully the missing piece was pretty common so I had one loose in a box. I have a suspicion that it will turn up in a different bag and that the extra piece from bag 2 will be used later, like they got into the wrong bags. Unusual for Lego though.

Comment

NES looks ace. I picked up the Grand Piano but probably won't be building it for a while.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      I got the NES set yesterday and started building. It’s huge. But for the first time that I can remember, there was a missing piece. In bag 2, a piece was missing and a different piece was in the bag that isn’t yet used in the instructions. Thankfully the missing piece was pretty common so I had one loose in a box. I have a suspicion that it will turn up in a different bag and that the extra piece from bag 2 will be used later, like they got into the wrong bags. Unusual for Lego though.
                      The easter egg hidden inside on the NES lego set is pretty cool

Comment

THAT'S AWESOME

Comment

I’m glad I hadn’t seen that before I built it. It was a lovely realisation when I figured out what I was looking at. The whole build has a lot of love to it. Finished the main system tonight. Controller next.

Comment

Found this fun, Yowiko building and playing around with the Mario Lego sets. Something tells me Japan hasn't gotten this yet as those boxes are the english ones. Must be a lot of fun if you are a kid as these released as they look like they have a lot of actual play value to be able to play in Mario's shoes and just mess about making your own custom worlds. It's weird seeing Nintendo collaboration stuff especially to this extent. Funny though as back in their toy making era they were actively going against lego with their own knockoff blocks.

Comment

big old set coming in at £300-400 really wished they had gone the same route as the lego harry potter castle route and launched them as individual shops as that's far to much of a outlay all at once

Comment

Oh wow, that looks amazing. Love it!

Comment

Working...
                                X