No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The third of my big spends this weekend via the ebay discount coding was... the Lego Jurassic Park T-Rex set. The one with the JP Gate.
    Four cabinet shelves mean this will take one, the GB Firehouse the second, Arkham Asylum the third which leaves a fourth which will likely house a custom set up. I'll need a light it for this eventually which they do but it's currently way over priced - I'll need to work out how to get a JP Ford jeep as well, the set's obvious missing element.

Comment

Another set picked up, this time the Lego Hidden Side Fishing Boat, I'm assuming this series has failed hard at retail because it seems to have hit discounting fast especially given the theme and how Halloween hasn't hit yet.

Also: A list of retiring Star Wars sets

Comment

Retiring BB-8?

Comment

So, does that mean Yoda is in EP IX?

Comment

Some of the Hidden Side sets seem okay but it’s like they’re trying a second attempt at Monster Fighters but making it cooler because it didn’t do the business for them. But I think the Monster Fighters line was way better. I’m not sure they are getting that right. Like with Monster Fighters and that knights one from a little while ago, they are looking for a new kids brand like Ninjago is but this isn’t it. Whereas the best of the Monster Fighters stuff would have been great for adult collectors but they have no interest in the hero characters. I reckon this is similar. The sets are too toy like for collectors and just not fun enough for kids.

Comment

Some of the Hidden Side sets look great but I think the 'app' factor is off-putting. And having that kind of interaction as a setting point/part of the enjoyment is going to put some peeps off. It's too gimmicky. My son built a HS set, downloaded the app, looked once and shrugged, then deleted it.

I agree with [MENTION=3144]Dogg Thang[/MENTION] here ... Monster Fighters has a much broader appeal.

Comment

First attempt at a Bricklink order today, bought an io file off ebay which ported straight into their software and basketed all the genuine lego parts by seller so it was relatively simple. Not cheap though, better part of £50 in total for the parts for the model itself but it's the last thing needed for one display and Lego haven't made on themselves stupidly...

The Jurassic Park Explorer Jeep

There's loads of versions in Google Images but none perfect due to the parts and stickers etc. The one I ordered is close enough considering it won't be the main part of the display, should look like this:

Comment

God bless ebay, I can't make that model more accurate as even Lego's own stickers from the bizarre Dino-bot model they made aren't accurate to the design on the Explorer jeeps but I did manage to get some scale replica bonnet and side panel stickers which should add to the accuracy of it a little too.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                    God bless ebay
                    I'll be lighting a candle for ebay in mass today.

Comment

Y'all seen the Ideas dinosaurs? They look absolutely terrific, MUST BUY.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                        Y'all seen the Ideas dinosaurs? They look absolutely terrific, MUST BUY.
                        They're nicely done but not my cuppa tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          They're nicely done but not my cuppa tea.
                          When one of our dinosaurs is missing, we know who not to blame anyway

Comment

15 'bags' (mostly 2 bags per number) for the Jurassic Park gate set. I'm on bag 7 next which will see the head of the T-Rex complete, it's ruddy big though, not sure the whole thing will fit the cabinet well in the end. All the pieces for the bricklinked Explorer Jeep are here too so that might be next up before the gate itself.

Comment

It's too big

A complaint I don't hear frequently enough. However, the T-Rex is built and though the legs can pop off a little too easily it free stands well, it's pretty big though and has to go at an angle in the cabinet which makes be nervous that the gate will fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X