Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
    Thanks! (I think)
    Had to have it!!!! Early Xmas and 40th present to myself!

Comment

Fan made but a glorious fix to the way the official ones do the design:

Comment

I built the 20th anniversary Slave-1 over the weekend. A decent build if a little repetitive. Hard not to compare it to the great UCS build but the little version actually looks really good with the minifigs and is a bit more Lego-like. Nice Zuckuss and 4-Lom figures too.

Big nerdy complaint (that is really tiny but bugs me) - they have new Han hair (which looks to me more like the guy in the recent movie rather than Ford in Empire) but the carbonite version still has the old hair.

Comment

Well this is interesting. Lego has bought Bricklink: https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/...-julia-goldin/

The interview is interesting because she says there is no conflict of interest but it feels very clear to me that there is - Lego, the primary market, trying to take control of the secondary market. What happens from here I guess hugely depends on their intentions. They could make this a hugely positive move and a way to serve collectors and enthusiasts. Or not. If it were a normal company, I'd automatically assume a negative but Lego isn't really like a lot of big companies in that it is still privately run and essentially family owned. So it will be interesting to see where this goes.

Comment

It's hard to imagine it continuing without Lego imposing at least tighter rules on the site which immediately risks its future. Hopefully it's okay but it immediately makes your stomach tighten to think about

Comment

Currently £20 off Empire State at the Lego Store. I just cashed in some VIP points and got it for £50. That'll keep me busy on Christmas night. Happy Christmas Phil. Yeah, cheers Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                Happy Christmas Phil. Yeah, cheers Phil.

Comment

Sadly I've got no money for it but the Trafford Centre and Birmingham Discoveryland centres have an offer till Monday of £10 off every £50 spent which brings down some bigger sets nicely including the brand new Batmobile by a chunk

Comment

Raced back to the Discoveryland store today, the 40433 Batmobile set that's a free giveaway with the £220 large scale version offer ends this Friday but reports started that stores have begun to already run out of them. Looks like it's genuinely going to be a rare set. Turns out that only the Birmingham (I'm guessing) and Trafford stores are able to sell them off the shelves and they were nearly gone already too but nabbed one. Winner!
                    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 03-12-2019, 21:14.

Comment

So tempted to order the Batmobile now there’s double VIP points available.

But in the meantime, this is the Modular Building for 2020 ...

... looking similar in places to Pet Shop and Parisian Restaurant.

Really like the look of this one.

Comment

What minifigure at the end of the decade can possibly afford to live in a neighbourhood like that? Appealing to the 1% right there. Disgraceful.

It looks lovely.

Comment

Atticus is still dreaming of a Lego Pound Shop build!

Comment

It's nice but I think that'll be one of the lower selling ones they've done. Core fans will like it but it's a little bit too filler.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                              Atticus is still dreaming of a Lego Pound Shop build!
                              for my Baby Billingham

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                              It's nice but I think that'll be one of the lower selling ones they've done. Core fans will like it but it's a little bit too filler.
                              Creatively it's relatively safe ... but I like the fact they've gone back to a more traditional era of building.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                for my Baby Billingham
                                Jumbo Forum size model with ice rink!

Comment

Working...
                                X