No announcement yet.

Lego Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the darker nights roll in we decided to pluck a new set off the shelf earlier this week: the Creator Carousel.

There's some repetition to the build but that's countered by how nice it all goes together ... real strength and precision.

I love how it's driven by vehicle wheels and tyres, just like a proper carny one

First three days covered bags 1 - 3

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Check these out. Someone has made a fantastic Lego KITT and the BttF DeLorean and stuff: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150644950@N04/
      that DeLorean while impresive uses far to may small pieces and its got an almost stitched ascetic to it in places the bonnet and doors are far to fiddly, id hate to see the piece count for it

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
        This looks so rubbish naked, it's funny how much of a difference the last few steps are going to be, it'll look like almost a completely different thing! Glad to hear there's some nice stuff happening with the build, I've got it sitting in a cupboard waiting for its moment! Are you gonna throw the power functions in there?

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
          This looks so rubbish naked, it's funny how much of a difference the last few steps are going to be, it'll look like almost a completely different thing! Glad to hear there's some nice stuff happening with the build, I've got it sitting in a cupboard waiting for its moment! Are you gonna throw the power functions in there?
          After completing it I can tell you the ugly bits were most fun to build as (no great surprises) the dressings were hugely repetitive.

No plans to power it or display it. I picked it up in the sale and will probably sell this one on.

Comment

Not sure what to think about it now, would you recommend it d'ya think? I like the idea of customising the animals but not sure how easy that'll be!

Comment

Mixed feelings tbh. It's a fun set but deep down I wish it was more like the Grand Carousel. If I had the skills I'd definitely modify it with more traditional horses, and I'd scale them down too as the ones included are way too big.

I've actually got someone coming round tonight to trade it for a boxed/complete UCS Slave 1. Just hope they managed to put the stickers on straight

In other Lego news; starting tomorrow Smyths are apparently offering £10 off every £50 spent instore only. The lunatic in me says that's £130 off the Falcon. The sensible person says £110 for the Diner sounds like a plan

Comment

My most feeble looking Lego shelf of the new unit:

Comment

That’s not a bad deal in Smyths, shame I’m not really taken by any of the current sets.

Does anyone know how long the new UCS Falcon is going to be available for?

Comment

Most seem to be on sale for at least 2-3 years so it should be available for a long while yet

I think I'm now up to three weeks since I last built anymore of the GB display, it currently stands as:

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                      In other Lego news; starting tomorrow Smyths are apparently offering £10 off every £50 spent instore only. The lunatic in me says that's £130 off the Falcon. The sensible person says £110 for the Diner sounds like a plan
                      20% off might be the cheapest the Falcon ever goes, although I guess if LEGO ever put it on sale for Star Wars day it'd be at that 20% discount with VIP points into the bargain.

(If that helps you resist it for now!)

Shame to hear about the Carousel. I might give it a few years and see what the prices are like for a mint boxed copy before I build it!

Comment

I called into Smyths earlier to pick up the Diner and I felt like I'd walked into Jingle All The Way. I'll try another time.

There's now way I'll ever pull the trigger on the Falcon. It's too big to display and still a huge amount of money to justify, even with 20% off.

Comment

Did a 'chunk' of Slave 1 tonight and it's a REALLY enjoyable build. Surpassed expectations already.

Comment

Yeah I loved that one. It’s a great build.

Comment

Taking shape (of a tow truck)

Comment

Next Lego Ideas sets will be Treehouse and Flintstones.

Not fussed about The Flintstones set but I really love the treehouse (second set I ever voted for, the first being the Old Fishing Store). I just hope it doesn't get scaled down too much (Ideas model is around 2.5k pieces) as the detail and random cluttered nature is where the real fun is at.

Comment

Working...
                                X