No announcement yet.

Analogue Nt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viletim's mod is fantastic. Makes me wish I didn't sell my AV Fami. I guess I don't care for NES stuff though so.

Comment

I can see this selling well in the US, depending on just how steep the price is. Not a big fan of the design though - would have preferred some sort of variation on the original NES design; there's plenty of empty space to add the additional parts, although top loading is far preferable to the NES's side loading mechanism.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Personally i'd rather just play an emulator with my modified original USB famicom pad, perfect picture & sound plus no horrid block of aluminium clogging up under my tv.
        To be fair though, you get people shouting from the hills that they will never use emulators, that emulators just don't 'feel right' (for whatever placebo reason), even if the emulators are more accurate that later revisions of the actual hardware (Higan, for example).

*Of course, this doesn't stop these same people from buying emulated games from VC, PSN, XBLA etc...

Comment

$499 + extra for cables and controllers...... ouch.

Comment

That looks horrible, looks like a cheap freeview tv reciever. Are they honestly thinking they will sell many with a $500 price tag. For that price i could track down a mint pristine white famicom & a RGB board and probably still have money left over.

Comment

You'd have $300 left over. This seems to be for the kind of people that would pay $2000 for a sealed NES game I guess.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see this reviewed on CGR etc. I'm curious to find out which RGB mod they have used and just how good the audio output is.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  It'll be interesting to see this reviewed on CGR etc. I'm curious to find out which RGB mod they have used and just how good the audio output is.
                  Similarly curious here about the scanline generation.

Anyhow, I think it looks ok but I'm not a huge Famicom/NES lover, and If I was I'd almost certainly rather have the original hardware (not to mention the good chunk of change left over). I was expecting it to support FDS off the bat too, which just makes things worse...

Comment

What a monster this is, I do hope they aren't cutting up original NES and Famicom consoles to make it. Certainly not worth the price, but you know what they say a fool and his money are soon parted.

Comment

That's exactly what they're doing S3M, apparently they've bought a load of cosmetically damaged Famicoms and taking the PPU and CPU out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                        Similarly curious here about the scanline generation.
                        Wild guess: low-end Farudja chip for upscaling and a reverse-engineered SLG3000 for scanlines.

Comment

I have no idea about this stuff, but a RGB capable NES sounds great. I have an AV Famicom - so are we saying there's a cheaper alternative?

Comment

Don't think it got mentioned anywhere around here, but they did one last run of these - the Nt mini Noir - with some new additions, including a new look pad from 8bitdo. I think it looks a lot nicer in black, and although it's been pushed back from July to November, it seems from a tweet today that there's a bunch of other tweaks happening.

Before anyone says it - there's no news on the Pocket. Think we can safely assume 2020 is no longer on the cards, though.

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            Anyhow, I think it looks ok but I'm not a huge Famicom/NES lover, and If I was I'd almost certainly rather have the original hardware (not to mention the good chunk of change left over). I was expecting it to support FDS off the bat too, which just makes things worse...
                            *ahem* moving along swiftly...

Comment

Thanks for telling me about this at the time [MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION]. I waited years because of the stupid reseller prices.

Now I need a mint copy of Dracula III...

Comment

I was tempted by this at the time but I just couldn't pull the trigger at that price. It does look stunning though.

Comment

Working...
                                X